What Valve Covers Will Fit My '95 GT?

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows what, other than stock, valve covers will fit my'95 GT? Looking at Ford Racing M-6000-E302 "Mustang Powered By Ford". Guy at Ford Racing said they will not work as the oil filler neck will hit the TB. I don't mean to second guess "the man" but they LOOK like they will work. I have an Edelbrock Performer upper & lower with NO upper to lower spacer, Ford Racing 65mm TB and a MAC CAI. I have Cobra 1.7 roller rockers installed now under the stock valve covers but had to remove the baffle under the oil filler neck for them to clear. Wanted to add a little show when I change the heads over the winter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the fill neck does get in the way on a few different versions including the old cast fox body valve covers. It can be trimmed up so its not in the way and there is some material inside that needs to be trimmed but they will work.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I like to hear all responses to this question because I'd like to change mine when I get the AFR165 Renegade heads....although with the OEM 95 Cobra intake you can barely see any of the valve covers...They are almost invisible! LOL....but keep the answers coming I find this very interesting.

riored4v

Reaction score
Not only will fill neck sometime have issues, but you'll have have issues with most clearing the alternator (unless you want to put some work in to them). I decided on the TFS valve covers since they didn't require any work to make them fit.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Not sure of the part number but I recently switched to these. The fill hole for the oil on the pass side came on the firewall side and not in the oem location which is next to the alt. This helps out because now theres no contact issues with the fill tube and the intake. I used a Trick Flo fill tube deal. The drivers side hole I just sealed up with a rubber plug. There's no contact with the alt. You do need to use an intake spacer to clear the intake tube from the top of the valve covers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas