What will give me the best look?

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Eibach sportlines or H&R sports? What do you guys have?

sn98gt

Reaction score
eibach sportlines here, had them in for 40k miles with no isolators and they've done great, but the H&R's are also a good spring

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
sn98gt said:
eibach sportlines here, had them in for 40k miles with no isolators and they've done great, but the H&R's are also a good spring

I purchased the H&R Supersports, what is meant by no isolators? what are they and will my ride suffer without them?

ALITL8

Reaction score
Hey sn98gt... did you have to roll your rear fender wells in order to accommodate the wide tires on the back. ive got 10.5" R's with 315's and ive got a set of eibachs in the garage. ive been holding off the install because im a little nervous about the drop :dunno:

sn98gt

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
Hey sn98gt... did you have to roll your rear fender wells in order to accommodate the wide tires on the back. ive got 10.5" R's with 315's and ive got a set of eibachs in the garage. ive been holding off the install because im a little nervous about the drop :dunno:
you'll have to roll your fenders, and there they'll still rub when you twist the rear axle enough, like going in and out of driveways or so... but if your fenders rolled it wont hurt em. I have 295's on mine and they never rub

sn98gt

Reaction score
Foster98GT said:
sn98gt said:

I purchased the H&R Supersports, what is meant by no isolators? what are they and will my ride suffer without them?
the isolators are the rubber pads that sit under, and on top of the spring, I removed mine wich lowered the car a little more and it doesnt ride any worse or squeek, some guys have had slight noises... but you can fix this by wraping the upper and lower coil with electrical or duct tape. I'd recomend getting some 4 bolt CC plates and a bumpsteer kit for your car, without the CC plates whoever aligns your car wont be able to get it back to within fords specs camber wise and you'll get alot of inside edge wear. There is special cam bolts that you can use that replaces the upper knuckle/strut bolt that adjusts camber, but they can move if you hit a pothole or a bump hard enough. the bumpsteer kit isnt something you need, but it'll help keep the car from wondering while driving on rough surfaces.

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I Ordered the Maxium Motorsports C&C 4 Bolt Plates yesterday. As soon as they get here shes going in the shop to get Slammed.

GDawg

Reaction score
H&R SuperSports with MM C/C plates... :thumb:

caseypayne69

Reaction score
Kind of a dumb question, but say you go with either springs. For me it will be H&R springs. What else in suspension should you replace if your wanting a totally new setup? Note I want a setup best for handling and some strip, str8 line is only so much fun so for great handling too.

ALITL8

Reaction score
caseypayne69 said:
Kind of a dumb question, but say you go with either springs. For me it will be H&R springs. What else in suspension should you replace if your wanting a totally new setup? Note I want a setup best for handling and some strip, str8 line is only so much fun so for great handling too.

boy did you open a big can of worms!!!

here's probably the best tech article on mustang suspensions ive seen :thumb:
http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/t_suspension.htm

96sohc

Reaction score
You've got the c/c plates, so you've taken care of one of the larger problems with a lowered vehicle.
I also blew out my balljoints shortly after getting springs, so thats something to think about.
If you have stock struts/shocks you'll want to start figuring out what aftermarket pieces you'll want.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online