Whats more important to you Dyno / ET's ?

Teal94

Reaction score
A dyno is an engine tuning tool. Other than that its useless. Dont matter what kinda big number you put down if you cant drive or get it to the pavement. Thats just about all you hear now is dyno this and dyno that...... Sometimes its comical like said before. Why make 800 hp if you can only run 12's or maybe 11's? If it's not on the ground it doesnt really matter.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
^ pretty much...

who cares if you have 800 hp and cant run faster than 13.0 lol

Thats the life of a supra owner. :)

Those guys are the kings of highway racing and the biggest dyno queens ever.

Yea, they RAPE ASS from a higher speed roll, but I honestly dont care about that.

All the fun is ripping ass down low from 0-80 mph to me.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I love whooping up on a car with 75-150 more hp than me on the track or on the street and watching them get all butt hurt

lol, my car is the best for that.

Theres not many cars that run near what I do with under 400 hp

The funny thing is I really dont have anywild setup or crazy weight reduction.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Dyno numbers are for people to post in the internetz so all the fanboys can be excited. Are big numbers cool? Sure. But who really cares?

Here's what I care about:
- Is the car fast?
- Is the car fun to drive?
- Is the car a great streetcar?
- Does the car look as good as it performs?

...and so on and so forth.

You can't race a dyno. People that are hung up on dyno numbers are usually posers who can't drive and don't have the timeslips to support their big numbers.

Paul.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
So true Paul .. You can actually run 1/4 mile passes on the dyno .

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dyno numbers are for people to post in the internetz so all the fanboys can be excited. Are big numbers cool? Sure. But who really cares?

Here's what I care about:
- Is the car fast?
- Is the car fun to drive?
- Is the car a great streetcar?
- Does the car look as good as it performs?

...and so on and so forth.

You can't race a dyno. People that are hung up on dyno numbers are usually posers who can't drive and don't have the timeslips to support their big numbers.

Paul.

You hit the nail on the head.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Who gives a Flying F what power the car or truck makes, If you can't get it to the ground to back it up at the track it ain't shit.

Thats my .02 :)

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
Dynos are tuning tools...dyno numbers are pointless to me other than the ability to gauge gains from a given part.

I go 100% off track times cause thats really all that matters...isnt that the whole point of improving your hp, to go faster?

I dont care if you make 900 hp on the dyno if you cant show me a timeslip better than 12 seconds who cares.

Id rather have a car that runs 11.50s with 350 hp than one that runs 12.0s with 450 hp on the dyno.

im late to the game in this thred but i think justin hit the nail on head here. its sweet to have big HP but if you cant it down the track then who cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online