Connecting AC Lines

LavaSurfer

Reaction score
Had an AC line blow off at the condenser. I installed a new condenser and lines on it and the condenser had little one time use retainers for the springs that centered it so you could seat the hose before releasing the spring. How can you install these lines without something to center the spring? The disconnect tool is way too thick to fit there during installation.

Also, does anyone have a picture of the two condenser connections? Does every connection have an external clip that would help prevent them from blowing off? My car only came with one connection with a clip on it.

OP
OP
L

LavaSurfer

Reaction score
Here is what came on some of the connections that hold the spring. Unfortunately the only ones that I still have are too big.

1FCE0867-D659-4D8C-9F0B-199499EC3EED.jpeg

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Means someone removed the safety clip and didn't put it back. I never had a problem just ramming the springlocks together. As long as you get the click sound, it's good, then snap on the safety clip. Those plastic retainers might be more dust seals than centering tools.

OP
OP
L

LavaSurfer

Reaction score
I tried my best. Unfortunately gravity is not on my side has it rests WAY off center.

The scored an FSM on Amazon a while back and here is where they talk about it.

1A107537-33DE-4D03-AE67-AFB048ECADDE.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online

No members online now.