whats the easiest way to remove springs?

joekd

Reaction score
fronts - lift car, put on stand, put floor jack under a-arm lfted just high enough to put soem weight on it, remove wheel, unbolt brake claiper, hold calipr on something away from suspension, disconnect shock under hood, lower jack, pull out spring

rears- again lift up one side just so there is weight on the jack, disconnect quad shock, disconnect main shock, lower until spring can be removed

OP
OP
daracboy82

daracboy82

Reaction score
Sweet!! exactly what i was looking for! Thanks for the info.

twovalveterror

Reaction score
wrapping a chain through the spring and around the control arm would be a good idea, just in case.

also, for the rear you can just disconnect the sway bar then put a jack under the LCA and unbolt the bottom bolt, then lower it. did mine that way and only took a few minutes. if the bolt is seized then you might need to remove the brakes so you can get at it with a hammer though.

50HorsePlay

Reaction score
When doing the fronts, you may want to think about disconnecting the rack ends. Stock springs are tall and sometimes you really have to force out the front springs. By doing that without disconnecting the rack ends, you risk popping the outter seal of the rack. Now you have another repair on your hands. Simple step that goes a long way.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Springs on our cars are easy.

I would say take all the steps for the front and go rent a spring compressor from autozone just in case.

I can pop in and out my sportline springs without a compressor cause they are so short.

Jimzstang

Reaction score
Old thread, just wondering if these tricks still work! Rock on!

Sent from Uranus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WickedSharp