What's your setup?

Chris111

Reaction score
I thought it would be useful for people to post their setups and suspension settings. I didn't really see anything when I searched. I figured it would be interesting to see what everyone is doing for conversation and to help each other out.

Such as...

Tires
Tire size front and rear
Tire pressure front and rear
Suspension parts used
Caster camber plate brand/model
Alignment settings
Brake pads

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
95 Mustang GT

Tires:
Nitto NT05
Tire size front and rear: 255/40R17 fronts and rears
Tire pressure front and rear: stock for street driving, ~38 to 45 fronts and ~35 to 40 rears road racing (depending on conditions)
Suspension parts used: Koni Yellows SA shocks and struts with MM coilover conversion front and rear, 375 lbs up front, 225 lbs rear; MM pan hard bar; MM front LCA; MM Extreme Duty rear LCA
Caster camber plate brand/model: MM caster/cambers up front; MM racing upper shock mounts in the rear
Alignment settings: Toe: 0; Camber: ~1.5 deg; Caster: as much as I can get with the MM plates (I think it's around 5 deg right now)
Brake pads: Hawk HP Plus front and rear (Cobra brakes front and rear)

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Tires: Nitto NT01's
Tire size front and rear: 275/40/17 on 4 corners
Tire pressure front and rear: Start off with 25psi front and 30 in the rear. All depends on track conditions too.
Suspension parts used: Koni SA's front and back with MM coiler kit 400lb/250. MM PHB, MM HDRLCA, MM Full Length SFC, Steeda front swaybar, none in the rear.
Caster camber plate brand/model: Steeda 4 bolt race.
Alignment settings: Can't remember the settings. I drop the camber when I get on track. Put it back up to drive home.
Brakes, rotors, pads​: Y2K Brembos, with Raybestos ST47s for track/ regular pads for street. Cobra rears with Hawk HPS pads for street/track. Cheap zinc coated rotors for street/track.

RichV

Reaction score
1994 GT

Tires
TOYO RR
Tire size front and rear 275/40/17
Tire pressure front and rear
32/36 cold
Suspension parts used
Koni SA front, Bilstein rear, H&R Race front, MM 415# rear, MM PHB, MM CC plates, Global West offset FCA bushing, MM HD RLCA, Stock UCA/bushings
Caster camber plate brand/model
MM
Alignment settings
Caster = max, Camber = -2.5, Toe 1/8"
Brake pads
HAWK DTC70 front, DTC60 rear

Brakes are Cobra spec rotors (f/r), OE rear caliper, Wilwood 32mm 4 piston front calipers, front cooling ducts with AFCO spindle adapters.

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
1997 gt

Tires federal
Tire size on all 4s is 275/40/17
Suspension is stock for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Cornfedgt

Reaction score
Im going to Black machined FR500s 17x9 front with 245/45/17 Summitomo HTR II and rears are 18x10 with Bridgestone poteza re760 sport 295/35/18. Not sure on the suspension set up as previous owner did the upgrades. All on a 1999 Cobra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9838stang

Reaction score
Tires : Nitto NT555 ZR Extreme

Tire size front and rear : 245/40/18 - 285/35/18

Tire pressure front and rear : 34-35 all round

Suspension parts used : tokico blues shocks and struts, H&R SS springs, J&M cc plates, J&M upper and lower rear control arms, s&R rear spring isos, no spring isos up front, steeda x2 ball joints w/ out springs, Comp. Engineering bump steer kit, shorter sway bar end links, and I will be installing the upper front spring isos, and remove rear lower spring isos just to level everything out.

Caster camber plate brand/model: J&M

Alignment settings:
Total toe = -1.03°
Steer Ahead .30°
Left Front...........-----------..........Right Front
Camber -0.5°..........-----------..........Camber -.7°
Caster 2.4°..........-----------..........Caster 3.2
Toe -.22°..........-----------..........Toe -.82

Left Rear..........-----------..........Right Rear
Camber -.1°..........-----------.......... Camber -.2°
Toe -.08°..........-----------..........Toe -.22°

after adjustment

Left Front...........-----------..........Right Front
Camber -0.5°..........-----------..........Camber -.7°
Cross Camber = .02°
Caster 2.4°..........-----------..........Caster 3.2
Cross Caster = -.8°
Toe -.09°..........-----------..........Toe -.11
Total Toe = .21°

Left Rear..........-----------..........Right Rear
Camber -.1°..........-----------.......... Camber -.2°
Total Toe = -.12°
Toe -.08°..........-----------..........Toe -.21°
Trust angle .15°​

Brake pads: factory Ford replacements.

98 cobra 13" vented front brakes and Baer rear 13" rotor upgrade.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Tires: Potenza RE11 (for now) 275/30/19 and 305/30/19. 34PSI
Suspension: 375/225lb MM/Bilstien Coilers with MM sport valved shocks, MM 3link conversion, steed x2 balljoints, MM cc plates, Prothane R&P bushings.
Alignment: -1.7* camber, 0* toe, 2.8* caster
Brake pads: stock em replacements.

parts are changing as i go.

wmfateam

Reaction score
Tires: Maxxis RC1, Nitto NT01 and Hoosier R7
Tire size front and rear: 255/40-17 (RC1 & NT01) 255/35-18 (R7)
Tire pressure front and rear: 40-45 Hot
Suspension parts used: Koni SA Front Struts with Steeda Full Comp Front Springs and Spring Rubbers installed(1300lbs), YawPower valved Bilstein Rear Shocks with 225 Coilovers MM Kit. Steeda Front sway bar, adjustable rear sway from Steeda, Steeda Bumpsteer X2 Balljoints, MM road race lower control arms, UPR double adjustable uppers with all spherical rod ends/bushings.
Caster camber plate brand/model: MM
Alignment settings: 1.8 Negative front Camber 1/4" toe out(Maybe, not checked in forever), CC plates set to least amount of caster
Brake pads:
Raybestos St-43 front and PFC97 in the rear.

RichV

Reaction score

Alignment settings: 1.8 Negative front Camber 1 degree toe in, CC plates set to least amount of caster

You sure about your toe/caster settings? How does it work?

wmfateam

Reaction score
I am sure about the caster, the toe changes every event as I never actually check it. And that was toe out, my bad.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

wmfateam

Reaction score
Actually looking back at my last book entry, 1/4" out. I haven't set that since I was autocrossing over a year ago.

Mustanger

Reaction score
My tires are 275/40/17's front & 315/35/17's rear Sumitomo HTRZ III's front & HTRZ rears

About 32 psi rear & 36 psi front for the pressures

For my suspension I have the full Eibach ProKit Plus on right now including the front & rear swaybars...but just recently changed to Koni SA Yellows in the rear & still saving up for the struts... Then I have full length MM Subframes welded in, MM rear adjustable LCA's, Steeda 3 bolt CC plates, Bullitt Front brakes & Cobra rear brakes with Baer drilled & Slotted Decelarotors & Hawk HPS pads with Russell SS brake lines front & rear. I added the Cobra Master Cylinder too...love my brakes!

I have a Hurst Line Lock installed & have a lot of fun with that! Easy install too. Inside I have a Steeda TriAx shifter, Steeda Clutch Quadrant, & MM firewall adjuster & Clutch Cable (which is OEM Ford) and a Raptor Shift light center mounted on my steering column.

Exhaust wise I am running a MagnaPack Catback, with a BBK offroad Hpipe (Boy is that LOUD! Love it...) Intake is stock with a K&N drop in filter but I have a BBK CAI being installed right now. Plus a 95 Cobra intake waiting to get TMoss ported & then Powdercoated. I had Ford Racing 3:55 gears installed a year or so ago & they really woke my car up! Shoulda done it long ago! An Ecam on the shelf waiting to be installed, I don't want anything too radical & hard to tune for my 94 OBD I...

Looks wise I have a Roush SN95 Bodykit mostly installed with the side exhaust & rear fascia part to go yet. I have the dual 10" Blue Stripes going up & over & the side stripes on the sides...I put 350R on the sides to resemble the Roush 360R series I am following after but wanted to not try & fool anyone that it is real Roush. Same reason I used the wrong year Roush badges & front banner! Any Roush fan will know it is not a factory Roush. I even have a Roush Stage 3 number that is so hard to get...that I jokingly used to threaten to put on just to rile up the old Fnsweet gang of Roush enthusiasts! Started a lot of lively discussions.. Guess that is about it..for now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online