where to buy rubber sealant for headlight

QCmustang94

Reaction score
I just need new rubber sealant for my headlights. Can someone tell me where I can buy some?

there's a picture:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

det_riot

Reaction score
pretty sure you just have to buy new corners. i've been searching and searching and havent found anything.

det_riot

Reaction score
ebay. If you reseal them once you get them, they hold up pretty well.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
peel as much of it off as you can and then go to autozone and spend $4 on some black, door-edge-guard. That little sleeve you slide over the edge of your door to keep you from dinging other doors? Scrape off as much of the old crap you can and use a little CA(super glue) to hold the new stuff on and your done. Did mine 3 yrs ago and they still look perfect today and I still have the other guard I did not cut up to re-use if this one does wear off.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
door ding-guard

my camera is dead so the cellphone will have to do fer now, but it gets the point across.

15437938_large.jpg

15437946_large.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
those corners I think are at least 5 yrs old now. The rubber lasted a little more then a year and then I did that to them.

Nacho98

Reaction score
Don't hack job it, just get new corners.

I can tell ttocs's aren't right because they don't fill out the space like they should. You can get a pair of new corners for like $45.

Green Hornet

Reaction score
you can use clear silicone. just use it lightly, and you will never see it, and you would never tell.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lmao nacho you are anal and a half. Not saying its a bad thing, I'm just glad I don't notice as much as you sometimes ;p

to the OP, I think Scotts idea is probably the best if you don't want to drop the money for corners.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you know that that rubber doesn't do anything for sealing it, its just for covering the gap it doesn't keep water out of the light. Yes, there is a slight gap between the two pieces but you need to be 3-4 ft away from it to notice(where the camera is at now). And besides that you can pay another $20-40 for new lights every couple of years(while it continues to degrade and look bad), or $4 and forget about them for years. The factory rubber piece never looked right IMO as you could tell it was just there to fill space.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
new rubber and industrial adhesive is the samething they used. no need to nuke a concept.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Best thing to do, which members on here have done in the past is to use a heatgun to remove the molding off the OEM corners, then put it on your desired corners with a good silicone or adhesive.

OP
OP
Q

QCmustang94

Reaction score
Wow, you just saved me 40$ Thanks!!

peel as much of it off as you can and then go to autozone and spend $4 on some black, door-edge-guard. That little sleeve you slide over the edge of your door to keep you from dinging other doors? Scrape off as much of the old crap you can and use a little CA(super glue) to hold the new stuff on and your done. Did mine 3 yrs ago and they still look perfect today and I still have the other guard I did not cut up to re-use if this one does wear off.

Justang

Reaction score
I pulled those crappy rubber pieces off my clear corners and said "Eh, looks good enough to me."

Justang

Reaction score
That is exactly what I just did. Good enough for me too I guess.

I figure the only people who will really know it's missing is someone who knows Mustangs well, and if they know Mustangs well they'll understand why it's missing. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online