where to get black saleen taillight bezels? 96-98 cobra

SVT Cobra

Reaction score
hi guys, i'm going for the saleen taillight black bezel look for my 98 cobra, do they sell the bezels alone anywhere? can i get them directly from saleen? or possibly another aftermarket company?

i did a quick photoshop to see if i'd like it. and i do ;)

IM002375saleen.jpg

thanks,

-Mark

ylw95gts

Reaction score
I can't answer you on being able to buy them but I liked the look too for my 95. So I painted mine and they look just as good painted.

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

OP
OP
S

SVT Cobra

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. if it comes to it, I'll paint mine. I just would rather get another set of bezels so I can change back to the stock look if I ever wanted to. :)

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
SVT Cobra said:
thanks for the reply. if it comes to it, I'll paint mine. I just would rather get another set of bezels so I can change back to the stock look if I ever wanted to. :)
Well then just order a set of bezel's from ford or Late Model Restoration Supply (part number's:LRS-13537AAA & LRS-13537BAA) and have them painted black (if neccessary)

STNG_96

Reaction score
Just paint them, i didnt know you could get just the bezels

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
Just paint them, i didnt know you could get just the bezels

I've seen them before but its been so damn long I cant remember the name of the company that sells them...............just paint them and be done with it.

milktasd

Reaction score
I just took mine up to the local paint shop one morning, picked 'em up that evening , and slapped them on that night. Cost me $30, I think. Probably cheaper painting thm twice then buying a new set.
100_0920.sized.jpg

OP
OP
S

SVT Cobra

Reaction score
thanks guys, i'm assuming the bezel comes off the taillight super easily once the taillight is removed. i haven't really looked at it yet, but i'm expecting it to be relatively simple. if I do paint them, I'll post up pics to let you guys know how it comes out. :)

ylw95gts

Reaction score
SVT Cobra said:
thanks guys, i'm assuming the bezel comes off the taillight super easily once the taillight is removed. i haven't really looked at it yet, but i'm expecting it to be relatively simple. if I do paint them, I'll post up pics to let you guys know how it comes out. :)

Not on my 95 they don't. I had to mask off the lense to paint. If you ever wanted to go back to white why don't you find a nice used black set to switch to?

97WhitePony

Reaction score
Or, just buy some lights off of ebay from a black car... thats what ive got, but i had a black car as a parts car...

P2120006.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
ylw95gts said:
SVT Cobra said:

Not on my 95 they don't. I had to mask off the lense to paint. If you ever wanted to go back to white why don't you find a nice used black set to switch to?

94-95 horizontal tail lights do not have removable bezels, however the 96-98 vertical tail lights do. If you don't want to paint your stockers and want a new set of bezels, <Click Here>. That company is awesome, actually just ordered a bunch of stuff from them this morning. Or you can go the route of just taking your stockers off and painting them! Hope that helped

Brian

Reaction score
Only bad thing about buying them off a black car is that the bezels would be glossy. I prefer flat black bezels on non-black cars for some odd reason.

Cobrar96

Reaction score
I have the true saleen bezels..flat black is correct..just look into local mustang groups. it took me a year. good luck..

Mr.Bolt-on

Reaction score
That's correct OnyxCobra, there is also an extremely high chance that you could go to your local junkyard and just grab some bezels for free, or for like 5 bucks. Sand the bezels down, and spray paint them flat black... It's exactly what I did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online