Where to get paint?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought my local supplier mixed paint and was surprised to find out that they do not. After going through their paint chips they don't have anything close to the dark forest green I am looking for. Anyone know of a place to order quality paint in factory colors, enough to do an entire car? I am not into water based.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm I thought you were swaying to a color changing paint. You sticking with DFG huh?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
offshore autobody supplies.
I think they're local though.

I don't think it should be too difficult to find a place near you that mixes paint.. sounds dumb, but did you try google?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My first love was a mystic and thats what brought me to SN's but I was 24 when I bought my 96 and could not afford the mystic.

BASF makes a lot of cool paints.

Even back in like 97 they were releasing more options like extreme ocean and copperhead bronze. I would love to do copperhead bronze on my vert but I am not paying that much and don't have time/tools to take on that job.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
who didn't see their first mystic and want one? I think it would be cool with the carbon fiber theme I have going on but I am afraid to have that much wrapped up in materials just waiting to get F'd up sooner or later. I did a search for local paint suppliers but didn't see anything. I had some people in my club recommend some paint shops that will sell to the public. This crappy little town I live in I am lucky if there is one store in town selling what I need so when the only autobody supply place I knew in town didn't mix paint or order colors I was sure I was going to have to order it to get it.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of Oreilly's can mix paint. We do at my store in my small town, I mix paint everyday haha.

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
Dark forest green isn't in the PPG paint chip books, I've looked. Try GM polo green perhaps. Can they not color match for you?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah NA is what I used when I ordered touch up in the rattle can.

They also called it dark tourmeline or something like that instead of DFG.

Toyota has a really good color that has a dark tone to it. It has a black rather then the blue tones that DFG has.
That guy that was just banned on the FB page did his in that color it was Highlander Green he said. Jason Livio was his name if you care to search FB for his pics.

dg1

Reaction score
Where are you located? My good friend in Kentucky owns an autobody paint store and supply's all the local autobody stores with paint and their supply's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online