Where to get positive battery cable?

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
When I turn my car over, it just clicks once. Sometimes it will fire first try, sometimes it takes 20 attempts. Replaced the negative battery cable, new battery that checked ok, and starter checked ok. I feel that it has to be a faulty positive battery cable. Anyone know where to get one? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
which ground did you replace? There are a few and they are all important and you are correct to start there. Often you don't need to replace the wire and just a good cleaning will do. Remove the wire, sand the are till the metal is shiney and then do the same on the wires terminal and then retighten. There is one ground at the battery that goes to the core support(with a green bolt if I am not mistaken) and then there is another ground on the bottom of the drivers side front fender that goes from the chassis to the motor. As for where to get a positive wire I am pretty sure you can get them at an autoparts store precut but I always make my own as its better wires and terminals and if you know where to go the price isn't that much more.

OP
OP
BMAC96GT

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
I replaced the main negative wire that runs from the battery to the block, and put new terminals on both ends. I'll check the other negative cable next. And I thought about doing what you do with making your own cable because that's what I did for the negative cable, but I feel like the positive cable would be hard to make since it branches off so many places.

OP
OP
BMAC96GT

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
And all connections are spotless. New battery, new terminals with the wire cleaned of any corrosion, and the connection to the starter was perfect as well

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
been so long since my wiring was stock but I think I originally replaced the wire from the battery to the fusebox, and then just used that box/stud as the branching off point for the other wires.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Buy a battery cable cut it to length and install your own ends...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online