wheres my oil going

WarHorse

Reaction score
Damn thats alot of oil to burn, i burn about 1 quart every 3000, just about every oil change i'll be at the low side of my dip stick. always wondered if that was normal, i was actually worried about it too until i read this thread.

Slykin

Reaction score
Hmm, I thought mine was using a bit much at 122k... but i'm burning as much as Warhorse. Maybe not even that much unless i'm running hard for 3000 miles.

96redgt

Reaction score
lordgufi said:
oil can also enter the combustion chamber through the PCV.
+1 I used to have to add oil more often than normal. When I changed my intake, the inside of it was covered in oil, which was due to a bad PCV valve. Changed it out, and now my oil doesn't "disappear".

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score
i found oil inside of my pcv valve today.

going to change it when i go buy a replacement, but anything else i should be aware or cautious of?

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score
i just put a new pcv valve on and since there was oil going through the old one into my intake manifold, is the inside of it covered in oil? does this have any negative effects such as hp loss or anything else i should be concerned about?

96redgt

Reaction score
Depending on how long it was spraying oil in there, it probably is. Mine had a real thick coating on the inside of it. Glad I was replacing it anyways...

As for losing hp, I would think it would slow you down a little bit. Not only would you be adding something to the combustion mix, you would be creating flow obstructions if it cakes up enough, or at least I would think it would.

As for the exact loss of hp, I'm unsure.....

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Anytime you alter the a/f ratio with another ingredient its going to alter the vehicles performance, sometimes good in the case of N02, somtimes bad in the case of oil....

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score
since this was more of a hot topic then my other post about the pcv valve, i will ask here.

i replaced my pcv valve twice and its still sucking oil into the intake. what is causing this to happen and how can i make it stop?

i have to do a compression test but i have not gotten a chance to do so.

in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this to happen ?

by the way, sorry i posted this in the wrong section when i made it, for it should be in 4v, not 2v section.. DOH!

Bouttime09

Reaction score
Ever think of making an oil sep. from the valve cover to intake mani? I did, and that little glass fills up pretty fast, you might be surprised.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online