Which gauges?

Untame-d

Reaction score
I have a triple pillar pod with a nitrous pressure gauge. I am wondering what else to put in there.

I am wondering because I will be getting a SCT Livewire tuner next spring and do not need an Air/Fuel ratio gauge or EGT gauge.

Anyone have any ideas on what would be useful in the pod?

OP
OP
Untame-d

Untame-d

Reaction score
I do have one that fits the pod but we already have oil pressure in the dash.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
If you would like pics of my setup, Ill snap some for ya. But Water Temp and Oil Pressure are very good suggestions. Our Oil Pressure gauge, not Oil Temp, sucks anyway in my opinion and should be replaced. You could have Oil Pressure and Water Temp Plus your N20 gauge. That wouldnt be a bad idea.

El_Diablo

Reaction score
i wouldn't exactly trust the factory oil pressure gauge......

sbr420a

Reaction score
it really helps with the 4r70w to me it is a vital sign ya know.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
while my car was on a dyno this year I was able to see the difference in what the stock gauges read and what was really going on. The car was running hot, 215 and the temp gauge still showed normal. They said all the stock gauges are "dumbed down by the computer" as they put it. I don't believe it until I see it, but I saw it so......

El_Diablo

Reaction score
basically all the factory gauges are designed to do is tell you if the car is overheating or has lost oil pressure

Crone

Reaction score
el diablo, I love your avatar....... and untame d deffiantly oil p and water temp. Those are gonna be the most vital readings to know, since you will already have a/f. Unless you have an auto as stated before.

OP
OP
Untame-d

Untame-d

Reaction score
I have a 5 speed. I will go with oil pressure since I have that gauge already and water temp.

Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online