Which is deeper, Chambered or straight thru?

Blueoval19

Reaction score
Searched and searched and can't find an intelligent answer as to which muffler type sounds deeper, not high pitch and raspy, either a chambered muffler or a straight thru muffler design? Seems like somebody has to have a scientific answer considering the general consensus between h pipe and x pipe is h pipe sounds deeper and x sounds raspy. Really want a deep rumble sound not a high pitch sound but not sure if I should start with looking at chambered or straight thru...

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Searched and searched and can't find an intelligent answer as to which muffler type sounds deeper, not high pitch and raspy, either a chambered muffler or a straight thru muffler design? Seems like somebody has to have a scientific answer considering the general consensus between h pipe and x pipe is h pipe sounds deeper and x sounds raspy. Really want a deep rumble sound not a high pitch sound but not sure if I should start with looking at chambered or straight thru...

Every setup will work be different. Mine has an x-pipe and mine sounds extremely deep with my straight thrus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Blueoval19

Reaction score
That's interesting, I thought x pipe sound raspy. I can almost identify mid pipes by there sound on YouTube. what mufflers? Do you have a video? a

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's interesting, I thought x pipe sound raspy. I can almost identify mid pipes by there sound on YouTube. what mufflers? Do you have a video? a

When I get home tonight I'll find the vid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Blueoval19

Reaction score
So in general what is deeper, straight thru or chambered muffler? And I always thought h pipe was deeper sounding and x was raspy

McCloud

Reaction score
I've had chambered on h-pipe, chambered on x-pipe, straight through on both h-pipe and x-pipe. IMO the chambered/h-pipe setup gave me the deepest sound. Everything else was as loud as that, but not as deep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Blueoval19

Reaction score
I've had chambered on h-pipe, chambered on x-pipe, straight through on both h-pipe and x-pipe. IMO the chambered/h-pipe setup gave me the deepest sound. Everything else was as loud as that, but not as deep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

thanks brother, what do you think is the deepest loudest muffler?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Looks like age old grass poking through the cracks. Grab some grass killer.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Chambered or straight through? Good question, but my question is packed or not packed. Usually a straight through will be glasspacked and they are normally the deep rumble toned mufflers for performance. And their are "turbo" style mufflers(nothing to do with turbo, just a name). They are somewhat chambered and have quiet deep rumble that growl when rpm's are up, but buy a good brand. Something stainless or welded or youll blow them apart.

If you feel adventurous, go to the autoparts store and grab a thrush turbo or cherry bomb turbo muffler and get it installed. 2 can be had for around $50. Deep rumble is what youll get.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online