Which tailpipes??

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
95 GT with Bassani mufflers. I had to cut the "muffler shop" tailpipes off my car when I added the MM panhard bar. Took it to a local shop who complained about fitting new pipes and basically didn't want to do it. Are there any good tail pipes that fit around the panhard bar and fit remotely close to the center exit mufflers?

I wouldn't mind the AM/LMR polished 2-1/2" pipes but not sure how well they fit this application and I'm not sure I want to give up my fancy Bassani tips.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't think there's any difference in the way the exhaust pipes go over the axel. Might need to be a custom fit or go side exit.

OP
OP
Z

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
The guy I got the bar from was running some Pypes tail pipes that were box stock. MM says stock design pipes will clear but aren't most mustang mufflers offset outlet? That pushes the pipe over a couple inches

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Without a doubt will need a custom Exhaust coming out the Mufflers "Because of the Angle" of course..If you could weld..That would save you alot..Or had a friend to fab you maybe a Universal Exhaust kit from "Jegs"? Then have him or her put your fancy Bassani Tips on :D

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have the LMR muffler back exhaust pipes. They are okay. Fit over my panhard bar no problem, however I'm using offset mufflers. Why not just get offset mufflers? Then you can maybe use your Basanni tips?

Pushrodsnake

Reaction score
Unless you'd rather have full stainless or polished tailpipes, one other thing I usually do on my cars is use the Dynomax 45351 and 45350 tailpipes. They're 2.5" mandrel bent aluminized pipes for 87-93 LX or 86 GT. They fit 79-04 with no problem (the only difference is the hanger style by the bumper). I'll use those and then put on whatever tips I want to run and have an exhaust shop weld them up and add a hanger. Again, this probably wouldn't be the route you'd want to go if you want a 100% stainless or polished pipe. They're cheap, but well built and fit great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99