Whining noise when I rev and stereo is on

94gtstang50

Reaction score
What the hell is that weird whining sound I get when the stereo is on? When I rev in engine I can hear it going along with it and its really annoying.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bad ground, or a wire somewhere is touching a ground (ie metal somewhere on your car) I bet. Do you have aftermarket stereo? You can try buying a ground loop isolator from a stereo shop if you dont feel like hunting thru your wiring.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I think it was the FM modulator for the tv. I found the switch in the on position when i looked. I'll see if that was the problem.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
The drivers rear speaker wires came undone and were touching each other. Those dirty sluts. The stereo is back to normal, removed the sub too b/c the wire from the cone to the amp is coming apart. I forgot how shitty the stock system is as far as bass.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94gtstang50 said:
I'm an idiot, thats what I found out.

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: your a big man for admiting such a harsh fact..........j/k

NITROUSINJECTED

Reaction score
hell i would have lied and made something up like a rat chewed threw a wire or something lol :hammer:

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I was wiring in an amp a year ago, and got distracted, (probably by some female) and never finished rewiring the speakers, and they finally just came loose.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94gtstang50 said:
I was wiring in an amp a year ago, and got distracted, (probably by some female) and never finished rewiring the speakers, and they finally just came loose.

happens to a lot of people (distraction I mean)

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
94gtstang50 said:
Probably some hot girls running down my street.

I need to move to your hood, mine sucks nothing but senior cits and little kids. :mad:

Attractive females on my street are a rarity too, probably why it distracted me.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yea, for now, I rewired my entire stereo/tv/neons/fm modulator to try to clean up the interior. Just need to get my sub working again, the negative wire came loose from the cone to the little base plate on the speaker itself so I have to resolder it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online