Whos installed shorties?

97RedGT

Reaction score
I know its lt's or don't, but i already got em they were cheap, and i know people will still bash. Anyway whos installed shorties and how did you go about doing it. I've been told 2 ways, jacking the motor up 2inch, or dropping k member. I'd rather not drop the k member so has anyone here done it with just jacking the motor up? They are bbk's btw. Has anyone ever heard that the bbk shorty headers are poor quality?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would bolt them to PI heads, then remove your heads and manifolds, then replace them with the PI head's/cams/intake.

It seriously not worth the effort otherwise.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
haha or even better...

buy some long tubes and bolt them to pi heads..then install

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
haha or even better...

buy some long tubes and bolt them to pi heads..then install

That won't work, they don't fit, tried it, lol.

Zwolaver21

Reaction score
I have bbk shorties but I put them on my motor while it was out of the car. After dropping the motor in and looking at everything I would probably never do it any other way

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Zwolaver21 said:
I have bbk shorties but I put them on my motor while it was out of the car. After dropping the motor in and looking at everything I would probably never do it any other way

are you saying this just becuase they look good? :dunno:

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Zwolaver21 said:

no, he's saying it because it's a total PITA to pull manifolds off with the engine in the car, with the head's on, it's even more difficult to get past the stock K to tighten the manifold bolt's up when you are done.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Dropp the motor out of the bottom if you are using a Stock K member and doing long tubes. Then tighten all of it whit the motor out of the car. And then just slide the motor back in.

voidfinger

Reaction score
or better yet, sell me your shorties and don't worry about it and put the money toward the long tubes :) by the way they are the equal length ones right?

Zwolaver21

Reaction score
J.R. said:
justinschmidt1 said:
Zwolaver21 said:

no, he's saying it because it's a total PITA to pull manifolds off with the engine in the car, with the head's on, it's even more difficult to get past the stock K to tighten the manifold bolt's up when you are done.

Yea I just dont see how it could be done I would never want to try it

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
Zwolaver21 said:
J.R. said:
justinschmidt1 said:
Zwolaver21 said:

Yea I just dont see how it could be done I would never want to try it

ur just lucky you had your engine out when you got the headers lol

btw I love ur car

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online