will a tire shop sell/mount a H speed-rated tire on a car that originally came with Z

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know they will try to offer you Z-rated tires for a prius. No shit, true story ends with me asking why I want performance tires for a prius?!

PinkieT

Reaction score
The major chains probably won't install anything not load and speed rated at least what came on the car for liability reasons. Independents may or may not care. One workaround is buy your tires on line, then once you get them delivered take your old rims and tires and the new ones to a shop to get them mounted and balanced.

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Agree with the above. Never had any trouble just taking a set of rims in and saying I want x tires

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I buy tires out of state , there over priced in New mexico and Texas choose the ones I want take the rims and the tires to them and install

delling3

Reaction score
Interesting discussion. The only time I have never encountered a situation where a tire shop won't mount "whatever fits" was in the case of a trailer wheel, where the shop would not mount a car tire. When you consider that many modern cars have a high-performance tire option (i.e. summer only tires vs. all-season) with different speed ratings, how does a tire shop even know what was originally fitted to a vehicle. It may well be a question of state law where you happen to reside?

joe65

Reaction score
yes good discussion. the tire shops like everyone else now has the guys in the office not wanting to take any liability for anything they can control. So, i've been pulling my wheels and taking them to a tire shop to have my tires mounted. But The last set of tires i bought was from Firestone and jeezus they asked me 3 times if i knew i was buying summer performance tires. My response was would you drive your Mustang in the winter when the roads were bad? Even with snow tires on the the SN no thanks on snow covered roads. I've done it, it sucks ass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online