Will i need new fuel ralls

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
i need to 24ibs injectors for my mustang. this may sound dumb but i dont know to much about EFI. i have always done 302's with carbs. I dont know if i go any bigger than a 24lbs injector will i need to upgrade my fule ralls fule fillter and fule pump. I just dont want to run my built long to lean and burn up a piston.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You don't need to upgrade your fuel rails pretty much ever.

You probably don't need 24's either.

OP
OP
US Soldier(stang 98)

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
no i need 24lbs cause i dont have a stock motor i have 10/1 compresion and my 19lbs are not enugh for the compresion. i was told that by the company that built it and by some of the guys on here

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
US Soldier(stang 98) said:
no i need 24lbs cause i dont have a stock motor i have 10/1 compresion and my 19lbs are not enugh for the compresion. i was told that by the company that built it and by some of the guys on here

really??? now i need to look into this some more, i have 10.3:1 or 10.5:1 compression and im still running the stock 19lb injectors. have any links to this?

OP
OP
US Soldier(stang 98)

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
well i do have a PI swap Heads and Intake. when i got the motor built the guys at DSS told me that the 19lbs would not enugh for the HP i want. Thats why i need 24lbs. but i dont need 24lbs then why when i put my cold air intake on i get spark knock when the motor heats up. and if any on reads muscle mustang or 5.0 they know DSS makes some good shit. I just want a lil help.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
oh, i got it now. what are your goals as far as HP goes, how much do you plan on making with your car?

as far as running a different fuel rail, no, you are good with the stock fuel rail and 24lb injectors. for the pump, i would say you should upgrade because you will be needing more pump than the stock one can offer. for the filter, you are good with the stock one

OP
OP
US Soldier(stang 98)

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
Well for power when i'm done with my car i hoppe to hit about 400hp. i hoppe my car can do it my motor is good for 460 all motor. thanks for the input.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
US Soldier(stang 98) said:
well i do have a PI swap Heads and Intake. when i got the motor built the guys at DSS told me that the 19lbs would not enugh for the HP i want. Thats why i need 24lbs. but i dont need 24lbs then why when i put my cold air intake on i get spark knock when the motor heats up. and if any on reads muscle mustang or 5.0 they know DSS makes some good shit. I just want a lil help.

Ok, go ask DSS everything.

The tech dude you talked to is a fool, and you don't need 24's, but piss your money away.

OP
OP
US Soldier(stang 98)

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
Damn bro if you know why the fuck my motor spark knocks help me the fuck out dont be a fucking dick. i came on here for some in info. all you told me is that i dont 24lbs injectors. so why the fuck dose my shit spark knock. you think you all. so why the fuck dose it spark knock

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Why do you think it spark knocks because of fuel?

At any rate, I already answered your question, you don't need new rails with 24's, you don't need new rails with 42's. you seem to have your heart set on some 24 lb injectors.

Maximum HP = (Injector rating x duty cycle x no. of injectors)/Brake specific fuel consumption

19x90x8/.5=273

Maybe you can get your panties out of a bunch and trying listening and asking instead of telling now. There could be alot of reason's your car is knocking. For instance, are you running premium? Is everything in good shape? Are you having any other issues? When did you last do wires and plugs?

I made a good 50 more rwhp than you are right now with 19lbers, it's not the injectors. But you can either listen to the guy selling you something, or listen to the people who know.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
LOL... Listen to JR. You really don't need injectors or fuel rails. It's unnecessary. DSS is full of crap anyway

OP
OP
US Soldier(stang 98)

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
yes i run 93 but my car dosent spark knock when the stock air intake is on but it dose when i put my k&n intake on. why dose it do that? and will stop with the help of a tuner? pluss my motor only has 4576 miles on it. the plugs and wires have the same miles on them. i just want to take care of spark knock. and one of the guys on here told me that i needed 24's also. what should i do. if you know what your talking about and you sound like you do. what can i do to stop this?

Hoseitdown

Reaction score
i have a k&n on my car too, and mine spark knocks. i dunno why, but i dont have the stock one to put back on to see if it changes. and i tuned mine up about 3k miles ago.

OP
OP
US Soldier(stang 98)

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
mine has a newer tune up on it. but the tune up has not been changed after i broke the motor in. and my motor has like 4756 miles on it. could be that i need at set of colder plugs. i run a set if NGK iridom R's with my 10 1/2:1 compression.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
A common theme with K&N filters is that they get overoiled and some of that oil makes it onto the MAF, thus screwing up the readings it gives the ECU. So try cleaning the filter and MAF, and oiling it less

Next up would be air in the intake tract BEHIND the MAF, any leak back there and it will screw it up.

Lastly, the K&N may just orient the MAF a stupid way the ECU doesn't like...

OP
OP
US Soldier(stang 98)

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
thanks man i will have my dad try that. i would but i cant cause well im in afghanistan. i will get back to you when i know what hapens thanks for all the help

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online

No members online now.