will I pass inspection with smoked headlights/ lightly smoked tail lights?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
well will i?...anyone have problems passing inspection with smoked lights?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
doing abolutely anything with the taillights is absolutely illegal.

G

GREG@SN95

depends on your state...

Most likely... no... however, you can argue and say that they are dot approved and thats how they came... cant promise it will work though...

You could also take it to a private inspector and pay him for a sticker...

or you could do what my brother likes to do... make your own sticker... lol

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
Most likely... no... however, you can argue and say that they are dot approved and thats how they came... cant promise it will work though...

it is illegal to modify the taillights at all.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
its 4 screws to change the tails get another set to swap out on inspection day...or borrow a friends... same with the headlights its a cake walk changing them too ..keep you stock ones to throw back in for one day

S

scarface

IF you are in Va, the front lights will pass if there is a DOT marking, and they look like they came that way from the factory. The rears will not pass with any modification.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
hmm...well I just bought a set of smoked headlights from blue oval...I think im going to go at night and see if I can pass....the tails are brighter than stock at night..but they are tinted slightly...

S

scarface

justinschmidt1 said:
hmm...well I just bought a set of smoked headlights from blue oval...I think im going to go at night and see if I can pass....the tails are brighter than stock at night..but they are tinted slightly...
the BOI headlight will pass.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
my taillights are lightly tinted too. :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
In PA my headlights PASS

My tailights FAILED when I used to have them tinted. I have stockers on now.

I have a friend who inspects my car now, so I could have them tinted if I wanted to....

BUT, if you get rear ended...its gonna be easy to blame it on you because of your tint.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
JonBeast said:
In PA my headlights PASS

My tailights FAILED when I used to have them tinted. I have stockers on now.

I have a friend who inspects my car now, so I could have them tinted if I wanted to....

BUT, if you get rear ended...its gonna be easy to blame it on you because of your tint.

thats the main reason i havent tinted mine yet....way to easy for someone to pin it to me...we have a lot of old drivers that are terrible here and i dont think i need to give them any outs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online