will these make my butt look big

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The caps dont look bad but I can understand the want for flush caps too. But will there be enough room for them on the front? Im pretty sure the new edge's have slimmer dust caps. Not 100% though.

As they sit now flush caps would not fit. Not sure if there is enough room to put a spacer on the wheel to bring it out enough to clear it and still miss the fender.

Please for the love of everything good in this world do not plasti-dip your 3 piece wheels.

lol it would be just to see if I liked it enough to properly paint or powder just the center recessed areas. It would be my first time trying plastidip and yes it would only be for long enough to decide if I like it or not. As dark as DFG is I have considered painting the recessed areas to match.

chris91

Reaction score
I can measure my dust caps today for ya. I'm throwing on some different springs on mine to drop it another 1.5" so I'll have I apart anyway.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so close.
IMG_20150502_194543219.jpg

And yet sooooooooooooooooooo ****in far...........
IMG_20150502_194615093.jpg

excuse me now @#$%#@#$#$^@#$^#$@%@#$%$^*^&*%^*$%@#$^$%#@#$%...

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
What size tire is on it now? It looks like if you got a narrower tire it would clear

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wheels look killer. IMO, it would be worth having the rear end narrowed to be able to run a wider tire and tuck it as well...

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Crap I can't remember now off the top of my head. From what I could check in such a large wide wheel it checked out from what I saw but now that I look at it idunno... Now sure what options I have now. Narrow the rear end or is IRS any more narrow by chance?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so I guess they will make my but look big........... I am so pissed I am wanting to jump and stomp around ranting like a tazmanian devil cursing.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Get new outer barrels. Or get 275s, IRS, and add camber. They'll fit.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not into stretching the tires or adding camber to the point of retardation. I would sell the wheels and take a loss before I did that. FFFFFFFfff....

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Can you pull the fenders out any or is it pretty solif after your flares?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Went to sleep pissed off of course. Woke up at 2am and I am sure you can guess what was on my mind... In the middle of my preparation for Hairy Carey I had a thought, maybe I should double check, something? I actually went out to check my batteries that were charging as one has not been happy and looked down with anger of course. I got closer and looked through the spokes to the hub and noticed there was just ever so small of a gap between the wheel and the hub. I felt on the bottom and there was no space. Could it be?! So I aired the car up all the way and then grabbed the jack, still dressed in my skibby's. Got the car off the ground and gave the lugs on top few more turns, took the jack off and let the air out.
IMG_20150503_024156663.jpg

THEY DO FIT! In my haste to slap them on and see what it looked like using one of those cross-shaped tire tools I only got them snug but ever torqued anything as I have done this before and not had a problem. Anyway it sounded like angels singing as I aired it out to find they just BARELY clear the fenders now all the way down.

And in other good news as you can see there is plenty of room up front for a small spacer to allow for a flush center cap.

I had to laugh a little today when I discovered that my center caps go for almost as much as my old wheels are worth now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-RO...JN9-/311179784629?hash=item4873c2b1b5&vxp=mtr

Which is nice since the flush ones I have seen so far go for around $30 each.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's some good news! These, honestly, have to be one of the nicest sets of wheels I've seen on our cars. They flow so well but they'd have a completely different look on an SN with a higher ride height. They look like they're gonna work out flawlessly on your car, though.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
as you could imagine I could not wait to get up and see them in the daytime. I still have a inch or two to go down on the front but because my wiring/crap isn't tucked up there yet I do not want to go down all the way and push it into the fenders and mess them up.
IMG_20150503_131556355_HDR.jpg

and I ordered 3/4" front spacers and flush center caps for them. Hopefully I can sell my center caps and make up the difference.
IMG_20150503_144229509.jpg

[video=youtube;y6Sxv-sUYtM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM[/video]

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I thought you said the rears fit now.... maybe its just me but in that first picture it looks like they still come outside of the fender.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't have the lugs completely torqued yet as I will have to take them off to prime it. I would not doubt that it would pull it in the last little bit. I would not drive them at that height by any means but mainly because of the sideskirts let alone the tires. ITs just for static show.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001