window tint?

Army_Stang

Reaction score
does anyone know how to tint their own windows or is there a how to for it, or is it something i should just let the tint shop do

Powers that be can you place thread in correct one wasnt sure where to put this thanks

joekd

Reaction score
Pay the shop to do it, way too many bad tint jobs out there plus the materials that shop uses are way better quality

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
there are shops that do it for cheap that you can find through craigslist if you dont want to spend too much money.

OP
OP
A

Army_Stang

Reaction score
Never thought about criagslist to find a shop thanks for the idea and the more i have read the less i like the idea of self doing it......

chris91

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried the pre-cut tint packages you find on eBay? They claim to use the good tint but never thought about it. They are real cheap( eBay junk usually is) and I thought about trying it for the beater.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried the pre-cut tint packages you find on eBay? They claim to use the good tint but never thought about it. They are real cheap( eBay junk usually is) and I thought about trying it for the beater.

i dont think its the tint material more than it is the application.
many people get it professionally done to make sure its applied right, not because its supposedly better 'quality' material.

chris91

Reaction score
There are many different manufactures of tint. Ever seen the tint that turns purple after so long? That is the cheap shit you do not want to get. A good brand will not turn purple like that over time. And tinting windows is easy. Throw it on nice and wet and make sure you work all the bubbles out. Cutting the tint to fit and look good is the tough part. I know if I went to get my windows tinted I would be asking what brand tint they use and what kind of warranty they have on it. Wouldnt let someone throw cheap junk on my windows.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would go to a reputable shop. My neighbor and I tinted my front windows, but I went to get the rear one done at shop, that has a lifetime warranty on their tint and on the labor, and they did it in an air conditioned shop.

Looking back, I wish I would have got all of them done at a shop.

JRad405

Reaction score
I did it once on my moms car. I decided I'll just let the shop do mine. It's a whole lot easier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online