Winter 2013 Mod Ideas!!!!

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Well as I have kind of hinted around already, this winter will be a big change for the cobra. Here is a list of parts that I already have that will be installed.

MM C/C Plates
MM Front Coilovers
MM Rear Coilovers
MM Rear Lower Control Arms
MM Panhard Bar
Stainless Front Brake Lines
K&N CAI Heat Shield
03/04 Cobra Rims with 295/40ZR17 Nitto Tires
Poly Motor and Trans Mount
Off Road X-Pipe
COP Valve Covers
HID's

Here is an idea that I am tossing around as another mod for the winter. I found a 04 Cobra IRS with MM Bushings, MM Coilovers, Steeda Diff Brace, 3.55 Gears, 31 splice posi-trac diff, 31 spline axles, drilled and slotted rotors, and only 10k miles on the aftermarket parts and 80k on the housing and brace. The best part is it is only $1200 or $1500 with a carbon fiber driveshaft!!!! I am also thinking about getting a Saleen S281 spoiler, window tint, a gloss black roof. Here is a idea of what it would look like without the S281 spoiler or IRS.

winter_2013_idea4.jpg

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome plan! I think i'll like the gloss black roof.

Any plans for added power?

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome plan! I think i'll like the gloss black roof.

Any plans for added power?

Other then fixing the robbed power from excess heat entering the CAI, no. I did find a 2v Centrifugal type supercharger, might have been a vortec on CL for $1300 with 30lb injectors and calibrated maf, all brackets, the super charger, fuel pump, intercooler, and pipes. I would just have to get the intake tube to make it work on a 4V and a tune to make it run properly. It might have to wait though, with the IRS and everything else that might happen this winter, there won't be much more room in the budget for performance. Next year!!! Unless the members would like to make some donations ;)

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why are you looking to swap to IRS?

Its unique, more exhaust choices. Looks bad ass from the rear, handles better, rides better, and its always been something I have wanted to do, and I dont think I will ever find a better deal then the one I found nearby.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice list an I always love the ass shot of a IRS equipped Stang

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online