Wire for A/F gauge

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
So, I have a NARROW band A/F gauge I got dirt cheap. I had a hole in the pillar for over 4 months and it was driving me nuts. So im going to use it until i get a Wideband. So, my questions is what is the signal wire for the O2 sensor and if I can tap in at the rear drivers side O2, because I dont want to tap into the one up on the header.

Thanks!

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
should use one of the white ones. you'll get a better reading from the rear 02s either way it will be innaccurate though.

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
t here are two whites, one black, and one gray. Any idea to find the right one?

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
thats the thing, you'll have to go in to both of the whites to find the right one. you'll never know which is right til you try both. i believe its the one that has the black one below or above it.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
just be damn careful to make sure your ends are taped good. otherwise you'll be buying a new 02 and or shorting out ur comp

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i will tell you tommorow the answer to this question

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
damn it, its suppost to put 8 inches on the ground tommorow!! and well, right now we got nothing!

LOL

I appricate it though. Ill keep it in the garage and make my dads car sit out!

he doesnt drive it anyway, and I have to go to school in the truck!

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i just can remember off the top of my head which wire i used

glittle75

Reaction score
I used the grey-ish wire for mine and got a decent reading. I have a 98 GT with a catless bassani x pipe.

just a warning though, if you have an Off road X/H, and have MIL eliminators, its will make it read full lean all the time, you will just have to take them off and run it. i used my xcal 3 to clear the code from not having cats.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
glittle75 said:
I used the grey-ish wire for mine and got a decent reading. I have a 98 GT with a catless bassani x pipe.

just a warning though, if you have an Off road X/H, and have MIL eliminators, its will make it read full lean all the time, you will just have to take them off and run it. i used my xcal 3 to clear the code from not having cats.

I have an O/R X w/ MILs and my A/F reads just fine.

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
I think if you tap into the downstream O2 sensor it wont read right with MILs or with out MILs for that matter

They dont actually read the A/F ratio, its just to make sure the cats are working.

The upstream O2 sensor is what to tap into, and The gray wire would be on the actual O2 sensor.

What did you guys do so that the tap was sealed from the elements?

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
No. I havent been down there to tap into the Gray wire. I tapped into the two whites. With a Scotch Lock, and well on my way to work i popped the EEC fuse under the hood and the car shut off. It mush have gotten something in that wire where hter was just a little showing. So i taped those off really really well. And was going to tap into the PCM with my diagrams, but decided I wouldnt. I think i may just leave it off until I get my wideband.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online

No members online now.