wire is loose/dangling under car from speed bump

cemtex

Reaction score
I need help IDing this wire which is lose and dangling from the center under the car. It is right next to the o2 sensor.

horse1178.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
hard to tell by the poor lighting of the pic. jack the car up and find out.

Also, the year and model of the car will help.

OP
OP
C

cemtex

Reaction score
hahaha yeah that info would help. It is a 97 GT. The wire is red with like a 90 degree connector that looks like 3 circles together, kinda like a laptop plug. I am new to this type of motor so Im scratching my head about it until I can get a jack to get a better look.

OP
OP
C

cemtex

Reaction score
Well here is another question, is it even a standard ford connector? There was an alarm installed on this car which was only partially removed prior to me buying the car. This wire may well be just tucked in the engine and I knocked it loose.

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
judging by the area it came from the only things i can think of that it could be would be the oil pressure sensor or oil level sensor. just jack the car up and look for something to plug it in to

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
I've never seen a plug like that on our cars, might be part of that alarm system that was removed

PI96GT

Reaction score
Definately not factory, i just put a motor back into my buddies car and plugged all the wiring back in, didn't have anything look like that

OP
OP
C

cemtex

Reaction score
I figured that too. There is no waterproofing around the plug and nothing to snap it in place. I had to remove the alarm out of the fox body I had so I guess this one is getting the same thing :laughing5:

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
kind of looks like the prong set up that plugs up to the transmission. although if i recall its only a two prong and the wire is black. never seen that before though. lol