wiring problems to the max and a half

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GREG@SN95

Ok...

My wiring is kinda fucked... any ideas on what to check for all this?

1. No A/C
2. No Airbags (airbag light)
3. Fans only blow though "mix" So is either on "mix" or off
4. I have a viper alarm... it doesnt do anything...

I always have a drain on my batt...

And the guy who owned it before me is a complete fuckin idiot and doesn't deserve another mustang as long as he lives... Not only did he tear on the side skirts, and put on altezzas... I guess one day he decided that it would be fun to cut and splice wires and make a huge fuckin mess... so all the wires are cut, spliced, taped, yanked out completely, or just plain fucked...

Tattoogod

Reaction score
well i can tell you how i would go about fixing it..don't look at the whole mess..only concentrate one 1 problem at a time.and start from there..if theres a constant drain on the battery..theres probably a loose connection on one of the hot wires..it just oxidizing and making it draw power.get a good wire schematic and start rewiring.i just ripped out the dollar store car alarm my car had in it that some jack ass put in it.after you get one problem fix just move on to the next.and the biggest thing is take your time..if you get pissed.walk away for a few then come back with a clear head.

OP
OP
G

GREG@SN95

yah... its nutts...

he buys a viper alarm and destroys it :aresehole:

its like buying a diamond ring... smashing it, and dusttaping it to yer finger... go figure...

This is why I like the older cars before they came out with these stupid computers

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Oooookay.... I know this is prolly like the oldest thread I coulda found, but... It's the most relevant to my situation as well... To try and make a long story short, I just purchased my pony and I'm riding back to my place with the 'dude' I bought it from, just cause I really value my license and it's still got the tags from his state on it, (what? Me officer??) And he then tells me the dash doesn't work on it. FML.. I look over, it's working fine. (Thank the gods the needles at least look like they are not all pegged out or on 0 oil pressure right?) That's the only time I see the dash work on it.. My ex-wife (no we do get along now, no shit!!) Was helping me out with it a few days later, she pushes in the clutch pedal and enough wires fall out of the dashboard to rewire most of southern California... Needless to say never see the dash work again.. so I try to shove meself under there to leek at it and find this( see pic) I think oh shit... I don't have a clicker for this thing, I don't even have door keys!! If I cut the wrong shit it's never gnna turn over, send power to the fuel pump or one of 12,000,000 other things that keep it from behind a huge doorstop... Soooo everything under the dash has been left alone till I can figger out what to do with it.. the interweb gods have been silent in helping me out with this.. so dear forum readers? What say you all?? View attachment 3129 View attachment 3130

Yeah, that’s a freakin relic of a thread!! I’m going to split this into your own thread to get better exposure.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Ok...

My wiring is kinda fucked... any ideas on what to check for all this?

1. No A/C
2. No Airbags (airbag light)
3. Fans only blow though "mix" So is either on "mix" or off
4. I have a viper alarm... it doesnt do anything...

I always have a drain on my batt...

And the guy who owned it before me is a complete fuckin idiot and doesn't deserve another mustang as long as he lives... Not only did he tear on the side skirts, and put on altezzas... I guess one day he decided that it would be fun to cut and splice wires and make a huge fuckin mess... so all the wires are cut, spliced, taped, yanked out completely, or just plain fucked...
Understand those frustrations
I had a similar problem like that and ended up at a junk yard pulling wire harness from a beater
I dont understand how some people think that you need a ton of lights on a car and speakers outside the car and lights all over inside the dam car
Look like a ufo

PinkieT

Reaction score
I have a factory 1997 Mustang electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual I have no use for. Shoot me an offer if you think it can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online