Wobble....

Mike94

Reaction score
I recently bought a 1994 GT with 70k miles. Guy had only put one tank of gas through it in 2 years. It spent most of a winter in storage, prior to me purchasing it, with a tire that had gone flat. When I drove it there was a wobble at 55 to 65 mph and it would happen in 3,4, or 5th gear all at the same speed range. I figured tires for sure. So I bought it, threw new tires on it, rims checked, etc. figured that was it. Nope I figured wrong. Still wobbles, but here's the kicker...not all the time. Just trying to figure it out. I am going to put an aluminum drive shaft on it, and I've heard from some people that the rear control arm bushings may be bad. Any other suggestions on where to start tinkering?

Werecow

Reaction score
Could be a brake caliper sticking, brake fluid is hydroscopic, which means it draws water. Oil floats on the water it absorbed so you may have some water in your brake system causing the issues. A complete flush of your brake fluid system may be one place to check out as well....

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Honestly there's so many things to check when a wobble at high speeds occurs it's unreal.

Alignment
Improper tire balance
Damaged rim
Bushings worn somewhere in the suspension
Transmission mount bad
brakes sticking or worn

You might want to spend a weekend tearing into it and inspecting and replacing wearable items.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online