Won’t start? Quick fix…

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Remove both battery cables; wait 1-2 minutes; reconnect and start!

I had the battery out of the car for about a month. Put it back in this morning to go to audio shop for headlight switch and LED bulbs. Car started right up.

Stopped to grab a cup of coffee, came out, car wouldn’t start! Urrrrrgh! AAA came and tried the door key fix. Nothing.

Removed battery cables, waited a minute, reinstalled battery cables. Started right up! The security system had to reset is all.

See, even Old Guys can learn something new every day!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the one thing alarms really hate is batteries that are starting to go bad if there is a chance that it is old battery

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the one thing alarms really hate is batteries that are starting to go bad if there is a chance that it is old battery
No, battery is new-ish (6 months)

badass98svt

Reaction score
It could still be a junk battery.
So did that place fix your headlights?

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It could still be a junk battery.
So did that place fix your headlights?
Yes! Still have a hyper flash on driver side. Both the headlight and amber turn signal flash in unison.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
After they installed the new bulbs, headlight switch and connector, there was still the issue of driver side headlight and indicator flashing in unison. The headlight worked fine on its own, but when the left turn indicator was activated, the headlight blinked in unison with the amber turn light.

They worked on tracing the problem and shortly after contacted me and told me it all works perfectly now. When I pick up the car this afternoon, they will explain in more detail and I’ll post it here!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sounds like a short somewhere in the wiring to me. Unfortunately the only way to check it is to trace the wires which means start by the lights and then just follow the wires till you are sure you have inspected every inch or as much as you can. Once it goes up into the large harness it can be a royal PIA.

Another option would be to run a set of wires from the pass side to the drivers side, disconnect the factory wiring at the harness and then connect the new wires. Be sure to solder/heatshrink all the connections since they will be exposed to weather.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know for a fact he soldered them. He told me yesterday. I’m still waiting to hear back from them regarding the delivery of the fog light bulbs. When I do, I’ll Uber over and pick up the car!
Again, I’ll let you all know the specifics when he tells me when I pick it up.
Cheers!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99