Worlds First Sprayable Vinyl Wrap "Next Big Thing"?

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
So i just stumbled on this, want to know if anyone has heard of it/used it.

They call it: The Worlds First Sprayable Vinyl Wrap - AUTO DIP. Apparently it can do metallic's as well as gloss, essentially being a spray-able vinyl wrap. Just for fun, I may experiment with this stuff in small scale testing. Has anyone here heard of this stuff? It may be "the next big thing".

Back in 2010, we were all witnesses to the rapid rise of vinyl wrapping and rubber based sprayable coatings in the automotive industry. As a group of grassroot car guys, we loved the concept of temporarily changing the color of your car, wheels and accessories.

We tried all the different products. That’s when we knew there had to be a better way. That’s when we decided to get to work.
After 2 years of R&D and a few mad scientists later, we introduced The World’s First Sprayable Vinyl Wrap at the 2014 SEMA SHOW. Our unique technology combines the best of both worlds to meet the needs of car guys; the high quality of vinyl with the ease of application in a sprayable form.
The industry responded, Autodip is the fastest growing brand in the automotive industry and is now available in the US, Canada, Australia and Puerto Rico.
Follow us, get involved and help us as we continue to bring Autodip and new innovative products to car enthusiast communities worldwide.

[video=youtube;Z_3XXzixCTs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_3XXzixCTs[/video]

http://www.autodip.com/

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Let me know when the 3 gallon kits come out. My clear is starting to peel on my hood and I was considering doing a battleship blue/gray dip on the car after the engine is done.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've never heard of it, but it doesnt seem much better for twice the price, if you axe me.

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Let me know when the 3 gallon kits come out. My clear is starting to peel on my hood and I was considering doing a battleship blue/gray dip on the car after the engine is done.

Ill keep an eye out, that battleship blue on grey idea sounds awesome. - Def going to be experimenting with this stuff for fun.. it looks like real paint from what i can tell. - Going to test it on my other mustangs wheels, make the cobra R's gloss black.

I wonder if removal is easier than dip?

This stuff seems like its a wrap when it drys not rubber so it shouldnt peel funny like dip.

http://www.autodip.com/how-to-apply/

i think ive heard of this before. they offer like 3 different blues right? not the best music choice...

Yeah i think so, here are all the shades for gloss (below), im interested to see some of their metallic metal finish's such as gun metal also.

http://www.autodip.com/shop/

I've never heard of it, but it doesnt seem much better for twice the price, if you axe me.

Welcome Back Chris!

You have to think of it more as a gloss wrap then a dip. Its easily 50% LESS the cost of actually vinyl wrapping. Some of the pictures im looking at of people that sprayed their whole ride, it honestly looks like fresh paint its crazy.

[video=youtube;OVDNe8uKkjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVDNe8uKkjM[/video]

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So I am wondering if this would hide flaws like dip does. That IMO has been the draw to dip on cars. I know after dropping 4-5k on engine and suspension mods most don't have another 4-5k for a paint job. You can get a quality dip job for well under $1000 that requires very little prep.

I hope this spray will also fill in imperfections as you layer it up.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you can get your car painted for a grand with very little prep as well. I really don't get the excitement, its glossy is that the difference?

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
So I am wondering if this would hide flaws like dip does. That IMO has been the draw to dip on cars. I know after dropping 4-5k on engine and suspension mods most don't have another 4-5k for a paint job. You can get a quality dip job for well under $1000 that requires very little prep.

I hope this spray will also fill in imperfections as you layer it up.

Good point, id imagine so as it acts like plasti dip when wet but thats all speculation at this point from observations online. At about $20 a can it cant hurt to get two or three and try it. New (non permanent) gloss black rims for $60 bucks would be awesome. Ill post my findings when i get it.

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
you can get your car painted for a grand with very little prep as well. I really don't get the excitement, its glossy is that the difference?

If you can make wheels Gloss Black for $60 bucks thats way cheaper then paint. Then just scale on up for the costs. Seems about $400 might do a whole car?

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score

Just found this exploring their site bob, you should look around their page.

autodip_website_prof.jpg

VIDEO

[video]http://www.autodipworld.com/autodip-plus-worlds-first-sprayable-vinyl-wrap-professionals-coming-soon/[/video]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online