would these mods be worth it ?or should i save for something better or cheaper?

chris91

Reaction score
I seem to be telling a lot of people this lately but go with a set of Bilstein 03-04 Cobra front struts, you can find them with low miles for $125-150. Then there's a guy on eBay that sells brand new Blistein shocks for Saleens for like $150. For the price you CANT beat them.

OP
OP
steam29

steam29

Reaction score
I seem to be telling a lot of people this lately but go with a set of Bilstein 03-04 Cobra front struts, you can find them with low miles for $125-150. Then there's a guy on eBay that sells brand new Blistein shocks for Saleens for like $150. For the price you CANT beat them.

i found some on ebay but they are used and i drive a 98 ? not a 03 or 04 ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2004-M...Parts_Accessories&hash=item259e4c76c5&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOKICO-ILLU...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f45932662&vxp=mtr

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
I'm running the Eibach Pro Kit springs and Tockico D-Spec struts/shocks. Probably a little more than you're wanting to spend but the car handles great with them.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

In short, shocks and struts and springs are interchangeable from 79-04 with little difference. The stock equipment on the 03/04 cobras (code named terminators) were better than other stock parts and even better than some in the aftermarket.

chris91

Reaction score
Yes, you can use the struts off the 03-04 Cobra but NOT the rear shocks being the Cobra has the IRS.

OP
OP
steam29

steam29

Reaction score
I'm running the Eibach Pro Kit springs and Tockico D-Spec struts/shocks. Probably a little more than you're wanting to spend but the car handles great with them.

do you think the eibach springs(ones you reccomended) would work well with [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Eibach Pro Damper Shocks & Struts ? i cant find the weights nor do i know how that works honestly :/ they are more in my price range[/FONT]

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
do you think the eibach springs(ones you reccomended) would work well with Eibach Pro Damper Shocks & Struts ? i cant find the weights nor do i know how that works honestly :/ they are more in my price range
Again, you can do whatever you want. The Tokico Illuminas 5-way adjustable are a huge step-up over stock. Granted there are better packages out there but with the Eibach springs you have these Tokico 5-way adjustable will be fine. Or you can go with the full Eibach setup you listed above.

Money matters when it comes to modifications. In most cases, better parts will cost more money and there will be a huge performance, and quality difference when you compare it with cheaper stuff, it's just that simple. Why is everyone recommending more expensive stuff?
1) Been there done that
2) Years of experience
3) It's easy spending someone else's money :rolleyes:

Good luck
Michael Plummer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online