wrecked and try to rebuild.

smokinNknockin

Reaction score
i have a 98 mustang and im trying decide what to do with the motor. ive looked at a complete swap or just doing some head work. does any one have any information on using the 2v bottom end and throwing 4v heads on. any help would be great thanks.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
smokinNknockin said:
i have a 98 mustang and im trying decide what to do with the motor. ive looked at a complete swap or just doing some head work. does any one have any information on using the 2v bottom end and throwing 4v heads on. any help would be great thanks.

2v bottom end and 4v bottom end are basically the same EXCEPT piston dish,and crank (depending on what kind of car it comes out of) As far as top end, heads, intake and timing cover (fuel rails ignition and other small stuff)

S

silver 4.6

i think you can use it, you just have to change alot, and possibly the computer, drill new holes etc etc.

chris98gt

Reaction score
4v heads will bolt up to the block, but you'll need a 4v timing cover and will have lower compression than a 4v car since the piston dish is more than a 4v piston. you can keep your computer and harness if you're using a coilpack setup and just have the computer tuned for the higher revlimit that the cobras turn. also need the intake fuel rails, coolant tube, oil cooler/thermostat housing, and throttle body all specific to the 4v application. theres probly a few other things too, may need injectors too since the stock 19# injectors start maxing out in the upper 200rwhp range.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
it is far easier and cheaper to just find a complete 4v motor than all the components you would need for the swap.
not that swapping to a n/a 4v is even worth it...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online