WTB FORD MOTORSPORTS 42lb injectors PLease

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
I have some ford racing 39# injectors with only 5 minutes run time. actual flow rate is close to 42# looking to get $150 shipped

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
Thats right about where they go. they are oe on terminators. feel free to do some research and let me know

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Why can't you tune the 50's should be just straight forward..

Sent from my iPhone

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
The tune for the 42's will work for 50's if you multiply the fuel table as a whole by .84%

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
Mrstangerbanger

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
The tune for the 42's will work for 50's if you multiply the fuel table as a whole by .84%

Sent from my iPhone

So the tuning shit is so new to me that I have no clue what to do .. The car runs ok but not perfect and I have played with my mass air flow curve like crazy and willie at dirty dirty racing is the man and said its better to lose the 50lb injectors and get 42?

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Probably because he has a preset bin for them.. That sucks cause 42's max at about 450.. Safely.. But then again your engine will last longer if it's a stock block..

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
Mrstangerbanger

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Probably because he has a preset bin for them.. That sucks cause 42's max at about 450.. Safely.. But then again your engine will last longer if it's a stock block..

Sent from my iPhone

Why dont you start tuning with Binary Edition LOL .. I was told 39lb injectors are good for around 450 rwhp ? And 42 are good for 500 rwhp ?

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Yeah rule of thumb, but elevation plays a part as well, I always rate 50 less depending on your octane fuel available as well.. I have 93 but Cali etc only has 91, Sonora either richer it up more to compensate for any detonation on 91 or pull timing and lose power throughout the whole curve

Sent from my iPhone

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
And I'm pretty sure 39# need an ev6 adapter if they are from a terminator, andvi have also heard they are bad for Windsor engines due to the atomization process.. Mod motors injector nozzles I have been told by more than a few other tuners have a different flow design and are more prone to killing a Windsor..

Sent from my iPhone

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
I tried using them and I couldn't get them to run properly the duty cycle/ millisecond open time is jacked.. For low boost I could see using them cause heat won't be an issue, but over 7 psi and when your in the 20*+ timing table, it can get sketchy.. Just be carefully and take your time.. You'll figure it out it took me a year lol

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
Mrstangerbanger

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
And I'm pretty sure 39# need an ev6 adapter if they are from a terminator, andvi have also heard they are bad for Windsor engines due to the atomization process.. Mod motors injector nozzles I have been told by more than a few other tuners have a different flow design and are more prone to killing a Windsor..

Sent from my iPhone

Im only running like 15 degrees of total timing and the car pulls amazing .. I was going to run more timing but dont want to slit shit lol .. The most timing I will go is 18

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Heres my timing table.. But this is conservative, and I'm on 93 octane..
6ceb804c-ed32-6ad4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online