Wut da fuq

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
good job.
It sucks only having 1 car.
heater cores only go out in the winter and A/C only goes out in the summer. weird.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I think i have the same problem, takes forever for the heat to actually heat. Gonna go check it later to see if its working right or not.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
good job.
It sucks only having 1 car.
heater cores only go out in the winter and A/C only goes out in the summer. weird.
It does suck, that's why when this gets paid off I'll be buying a DD

I think i have the same problem, takes forever for the heat to actually heat. Gonna go check it later to see if its working right or not.

Your's could be clogged, if it were damaged or worn it would leak

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score

could be to cold of thermostat or a clogged core.
you could reverse flush the core.
usually the heater core isn't bad till you start smelling coolant inside of the car.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Good jobe Jones! Knew eventually you'd get it man! Is that pictue a crack in the windsheild?
Thanks my hands are sore as ****, and yes that's a crack, while trying to get the top 3 screws where the defroster is located I was having trouble getting the 3 screws to fit with the thread but I guess the top part of the dash is a little mis-aligned so trying to use a long flathead screwdriver I tried to pry the dash back in and crack went the windshield. I was so pissed off at myself for doing it. I just put the tools down and called it quits just snapped the defroster trim back into place and left the 3 screws out.. The dash looks fine, only way you can tell it's not aligned 100% is if you look where the center console and the bottom part of the dash meet up it's not lined up completely. I'll probably forget about it within a few weeks. A much as I hate to half ass it I know the only way to fix it is to loosen the whole dash again and I'm not about to do that again.
Windshield is a cheap fix I needed a new one anyways, mine was scratched to shit so I can have a new one installed for about $150

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Hey man I commend you for just chillin and not sweatin it. Had it been me the damn screwdriver probably would have gone THROUGH the windwhield haha... But hey again good job, I hope I don't have to replace that bastard. I would probably find a way to rig it if I couldn't get the screws in, I'm kinda creative lol. But shoot if it holds it holds. Hope you got heat again!

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Hey man I commend you for just chillin and not sweatin it. Had it been me the damn screwdriver probably would have gone THROUGH the windwhield haha... But hey again good job, I hope I don't have to replace that bastard. I would probably find a way to rig it if I couldn't get the screws in, I'm kinda creative lol. But shoot if it holds it holds. Hope you got heat again!
Yeah I mean I was pretty heated man but it happens, I'm just glad it's that rather than a cracked dash or something else, it's hardly visible just under the windshield wiper so it's not too bad.
Oh I definitely got heat! LOL
Funny thing is I hooked the battery up and turned the radio on while I was putting the seats in and started making sure everything was working find I went to turn the air on and it was only coming out of the vents and I about lost it. Then I thought "Wait it's vacuumed" So I started the car then within a few seconds it came through the vent's.
Started the car and the heat came out hot and smelled clean. I should have seen this coming a while back when I had the heat on I always noticed it had a smell to it. Not necessarily coolant smell but just a unusual smell.

Also the first time I actually did a repair and didn't come up with spare screws LOL!! Happens every time but not this time

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Haha not gonna lie to you when I did the head gasket's on my Grand Am I came up with a few spares myself! Since then I've tried different methods to keeping them all together and I finally found one that works, what ever I take the screw out of, I put it back in. Like My intake manifold on my Mustang, every bolt I took out, I put back in once I got the part off, like the plenum lol.

But good deal man! Now I know if I start having issues what to expect..

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
So today I went out since it was my day off and work on the dash some more, I noticed when going over bumps the top part of the dash would wobble due to the fact that there's not upper support. So I began loosening the lower dash bolts and screws and within about 20min I had the dash loosen to where I needed it. I was able to push the dash to it's correct position and easily put in the screws that I couldn't put in before. So now the heater core job is 100% complete however I did notice a small crack on the top of my dash just above the gauges =(. It's not that big at all, much smaller than a dime, I managed to kinda push on the crack very lightly to kinda it, I won't see it from behind the wheel and you won't be able to see it unless you've been staring at the dash for a few minutes. I know over time the crack will probably expand so now I gotta think about what I'm going to do whether it's a professional vinyl repair or a dash repair. I'll be damn'd if I pull that dash again F that.
Anyway here are a few pics.

Center console and dash finally line up again
15626_10151602243959741_831958351_n.jpg

Upper dash even and not uneven anymore, and that fantastic crack I made -_-
598610_10151602243289741_2125059719_n.jpg

and the small crack on the dash. I have since cleaned the dash so it doesn't look dirty like so in the pic LOL
184488_10151602243074741_732920388_n.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott