"X" pipe question

forkliftfixr

Reaction score
Most of the X pipes I am seeing for the 94 have the tube on them, will one of the off road X pipes that is for a 93 and below fit the 94's?

OP
OP
F

forkliftfixr

Reaction score
yes, the 94 X pipes have that smog tube on them...... I DONT need the smog tube.

The reason I am asking is because I found a guy not too far away from me that has a brand new BBK X pipe that he wants $70.00 for, His was a 93 Mustang GT and unfortunately it got totaled last weekend, 2 days after the pipe arrived via UPS. I found it on Craig's List. He sent me photos and this thing still has the UPS label on it. If it will work on my 94, I would like to call him and tell him I will take it.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I think its shaped a little different but I'm sure or 70 dollars you can massage it a little and make it work...

Schiffy

Reaction score
No, you can't use it... I don't remember the exact reason, I think the shape doesn't line up to the underside of the body or something... I asked a long time ago. I'm removing my smog pump and EGR in a few weeks, so i won't have use for that tube either, but still gotta go with a '94-'95 specific

OP
OP
F

forkliftfixr

Reaction score
Thanks BadBlack95GT.... I kind of figured that would be the case, looking at different photos it kind of looks like the pipes from the headers are a little longer to the "X" for the SN95's than the FOX model. I guess I was HOPING for that price it might work.

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
i had an 87-93 bassani x pipe on my car. it was catted though but the cats didnt make any difference in fitment. if you dont need that tube you can put it in a vise and crimp it. from there you can either weld it or like i did with my o/r x and put some jb weld on it and it has never leaked. the pipe on the driverside rubbed the crossmember a little though. other than that i had no problems at all with it. for 70 bucks i would buy it. i bought bbk equal length headers for 87-93 for 50 bucks and they worked fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online