x2 ball joints and bump steer?

95cvgt

Reaction score
well my birthday is tuesday :headbang: and that means $$$ :thumbsup: just installed my d specs, MM cc plates, sportlines and spacers so dont have to buy those. lol. i was thinking about ordering the steeda x2 ball joints and the bumpsteer kit. does anyone have any experience with these and how much improvement is there?

thanks for the help in advance

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Bumpsteer kit would probably be a good improvement, but people often confuse bumpsteer with driving over bumps and car going all over the place. While bumpsteer kit can help that, it is mostly meant to keep the wheels pointing the same way on the track. When the car will lean one way, toe difference will increase due to different arc of the tie rod end, and you end up with understeer, aka wheels fighting against each other.

X2 Ball joints are a cheap band aid to improve the geometry of the front end when lowering the vehicle too much. The problem is that it only compensates for just over half inch of drop, which is essentially nothing. A better way to go about restoring front roll center, would be either not to drop the car that low, or get a K member that has altered control arm mounting points. Another thing is that altering the geometry closer to to the center of the vehicle is more effective than altering it at the spindle. I have a roll center calculator, and it has shown that camber angle and motion is better, if you compensate for one inch of drop at the k-member, than spindle.

OP
OP

95cvgt

Reaction score
awesome. thanks for the help. wish i had money for a k member because i would definitely get one. something i will have to get later on down the road

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online