Yellow/Gold tint exhaust tips

GUIL-BOT

Reaction score
Hey guys, I notice that my exhaust tips started to turn Yellow/Gold ... I was wondering if you know how to clean them and remove the tint.

Thanks,

joekd

Reaction score
SOS pad, warm water, elbow grease

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
are they polished stainless? turbo headers turn a rainbow that is 100% permanant, im wondering if this is happening to your tips...

95blackstang

Reaction score
its a tarnish you can get turtle wax chrome polish to get it off but it takes a LOT of polishing it took me about 2 hours per side

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
MustangChris said:
are they polished stainless? turbo headers turn a rainbow that is 100% permanant, im wondering if this is happening to your tips...

If his oulet exhaust temps are THAT hot, hes got issues

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the tips need to be polished. Use a premium Metal polish like Masters Formula and it will fix the issue.

jmstang66

Reaction score
my slp tips turn yellowish brown too..i dont remember the name of the stuff i use, but i have used maguiar's chrome polish, which i use a toothbrush to clean up, but i've also used this stuff in a black tin, its like cotton and you pull pieces of it out and use it and it cleans the tips to brand new looking

glittle75

Reaction score
Mother's Billet metal polish is all i use on mine. I havent gotten anything on my exhaust that it wont take off and turn to a nice chrome again.

I got SLP LM2 catback, and the pipes right behind the tips show through the rear wheel well, i polished them real good a few times with the billet, and they look just as shiny as the chrome tips. I swear by the stuff. and its availiable at walmart or all the local auto parts store.

got a tip on it from some friends in a Harley club, thats all those guys use on all their chrome/stainless on all there bikes.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
glittle75 said:
Mother's Billet metal polish is all i use on mine. I havent gotten anything on my exhaust that it wont take off and turn to a nice chrome again.

I got SLP LM2 catback, and the pipes right behind the tips show through the rear wheel well, i polished them real good a few times with the billet, and they look just as shiny as the chrome tips. I swear by the stuff. and its availiable at walmart or all the local auto parts store.

got a tip on it from some friends in a Harley club, thats all those guys use on all their chrome/stainless on all there bikes.

how do you apply the polish? buffer? by hand with a rag?

since i have Mach 1 tips, the piping before the tips show as well and i want to shine them up a bit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online