Anybody running an airbag suspension?

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
^hahahahaahahahaha would that be nice, after she's done there send her my way I got some clothes that need washing :p

Oh man speaking of that lowes better bring my fucking front loader Tom. Or I'm fuckstarting someone's skull..

Sent from my iPhone

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
^ you forgot the car :p and house

Oh my bad..
Car( all he would ever see anyway)
6ceb804c-f0c8-09d3.jpg

But a front shot for shuts and giggles
6ceb804c-f187-d820.jpg

House
I'll have to take a pic in the day light Tom..

Sent from my iPhone

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Bwahahah, Monster trucks FTW.

IF you want legit info on a air bag suspention and how it will ride/handle your best bet is to google search a AIR BAG FORUMS because with the lack of people running them on this forum all we around going to be good for is flaming you for doing something we think is gay or pointing you in a different direction because we don't know.

I know that the majority of cars that come with air ride from ford just have rear bags and half the time they have issues with them blowing out or the valve sticks open and they sit on the ground and there spoed to float down the highway like a caddy. So if you want your mustang to ride like your on a cloud and not handle the greatest air bags are the way to go.

But if you run a set of long tubes it will put a damper on how low you can drop the car at a "show" DFGMagic drives his car on the dailly and its juts about tucking the front tires. Hell my own car was slammed on all 4 corners and i drove it dailly. Were are you located that your worried about it being to low?

OP
OP
KidK9

KidK9

Reaction score
Forcefed. I do hope you are joking by calling me names such as a ricer. If I wanted to own rice, I would easily buy it. God knows I can afford it. I will take the higher road. Your family is gorgeous. Enjoy the spoils.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
I have all the stuff force fed has minus the kids and the holset, i sold mine :(

But i won't post pics lol

OP
OP
KidK9

KidK9

Reaction score
I live in a farm community north of Cincinnati. To get back to my house on 125 acres, I have to drive on a gravel road where the center part is very elevated as compared to the area where the tires are.

OP
OP
KidK9

KidK9

Reaction score
Bwahahah, Monster trucks FTW.

IF you want legit info on a air bag suspention and how it will ride/handle your best bet is to google search a AIR BAG FORUMS because with the lack of people running them on this forum all we around going to be good for is flaming you for doing something we think is gay or pointing you in a different direction because we don't know.

I know that the majority of cars that come with air ride from ford just have rear bags and half the time they have issues with them blowing out or the valve sticks open and they sit on the ground and there spoed to float down the highway like a caddy. So if you want your mustang to ride like your on a cloud and not handle the greatest air bags are the way to go.

But if you run a set of long tubes it will put a damper on how low you can drop the car at a "show" DFGMagic drives his car on the dailly and its juts about tucking the front tires. Hell my own car was slammed on all 4 corners and i drove it dailly. Were are you located that your worried about it being to low?

This is precisely why I asked. If you don't know, that means, by definition, you are ignorant. And hence, you should defer to someone in the know.

OP
OP
KidK9

KidK9

Reaction score
Thank you for the pics, 330. So, this is a stance I am interested in (the lowered pic). Do you know this person or their experience with this setup?

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Why not build a Mud Truck if your in Farm Country, sounds like your being ignorant..

No i sold my holset rainman lmao, When i had my 94 Gt i was going to follow in ForceFed's foot steps but the car always broke down and the motor went so i sold everything...

How long have you had your mustang, Whats it look like? Any background on your or the car or the direction you want to go in with the car besides laying frame?

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Forcefed. I do hope you are joking by calling me names such as a ricer. If I wanted to own rice, I would easily by it. God knows I can afford it. I will take the higher road. Your family is gorgeous. Enjoy the spoils.

Thank you... Actually I have built 25+ air suspensions from cantilever to just about anything, built many body drops, etc..
You can run an air suspension but stick only with the air ride technologies air strut assy for the front with the billet bilstein absorber built in, i did a 55 chevy with this suspension and handled great..and a tapered sleeve would be best for rear, double convulated bags will kill your rear shocks quick.. Also make sure you have desperate solinoids for each corner leaving the manifolds close to the bags( within14") to keep from pressure loss in cornering..

Sent from my iPhone

Slykin

Reaction score
KidK9, I don't think you're going to get any useful information here. Don't even waste the energy.

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
I live in a farm community north of Cincinnati. To get back to my house on 125 acres, I have to drive on a gravel road where the center part is very elevated as compared to the area where the tires are.

I livin in Dayton, work in Kentucky
I take it your not on cincystreetscene?

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
KidK9

KidK9

Reaction score
I've had my 1994 Mustang since 2002. I drove it occasionally while I was finishing veterinary school. I am now done with veterinary college as well as residency and I am rebuilding it. You can see the mods I currently have on it and my goal would be to put down 350-400rwhp at the wheels while also showing the car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online