Anybody running an airbag suspension?

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Dence? Suspention? Oh 330, your intelligence blows me AWAY!!!

I have more knowlege, credibility and years of experience then you could grasp.

But when you own a mustang like you do, and your worried about making 350-400 Hp and you talk about baggin it. It just makes me think everything a mustang has ever stood for is being taken away by the horrid suspention you want to run under it.

And for what? a show car? IMO there is a point that a drop just starts to look like complete garbage and most will tell you the same. Once you go past that point the car looks like trash, no way around it. I know we all have different taste when it comes to our cars but AIR BAGS, NEON LIGHTS and ALTEZZAS are the top 3 things just about every member on this forum hate...

96TANGERINEGT

Reaction score
oh and a ( orange non the less) 197 on bags
0111111111111111111111.jpg
[/IMG]

twovalveterror

Reaction score
everyone worried about ruining the handling of a mustang. ford took care of that from the factory.

330, you started a thread getting all pissy about a member flaming, then go and pull the shit you were crying about in a different thread.

k9, I would love to see the results if you do this. I'm in dayton, so not too far away from you. I like the idea, and considered it for myself for a while. I ultimately stayed away because of price, but if you can swing it, go for it. the only problem I've ever seen with this kind of thing is the changes in suspension geometry. I guess you'd have to set your alignment at a specific height, and stay there for the most part. because if you don't, I'd think the alignment would go to hell. if all you're worried about is raising it to handle the gravel roads by your house, and maintaining a constant height on the street, I don't see this being a problem.

good luck.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
lol

Yea i was bitchin about HANDZ, but thats because he sucks if you were around longer maybe you would understand....

And another thing that has me scratching my head that i see on this forum alot lately is you have someone that is asking about somthing he knows nothing about and the people trying to answer know nothing about bags , Except ForceFed...

So if you ask a question and the people who answer have no knowlege of the question being asked you get a thread like this one.

Like i posted previously, if he wants to get any info worth a damn about air suspention and what works best he should hit up a air bag specific forum.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
And on a side note FORD has come a long way with suspention Since the fox platforms, but it must not have been all that bad if they used the same setup from 1979 to 2004.

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Front design.. The reason I say go this way is because our factory coil springs are so tall that instead of making a c-cup leg design for the bag to sit in an having to fabricate the control arms for the bags, you can just weld a tab in your springcuo that already exists, and weld a tab and bolt assy on the frame as this design is sobit you want to convert back to could or even coil overs, it's a simple swap with no mods needed.. This will also allow you set the dampening for your system to HELP the oem style strut for better cornering with minimal body roll.. Or you can do a bag strut assy but I'm not too sure it'll fit the tire clearance or not..
Here is what I personally would do
6ceb804c-0713-bf65.jpg

But if you want a full bolt in and try tire clearance try these
6ceb804c-0751-9dfd.jpg

Or you can go conventional and try a double convulated bag to replace the spring altogether and get a strut capable of the travel distances(79-93 front weld in air bracket kit)
6ceb804c-0845-fb72.jpg

and yes alignment will be near impossible.. Best bet is to find a nice height and comfort air pressure say 80 psi front and 45 psi rear.. Set your suspension on those settings for the alignment . Then cruise on that pressure and park slammed..

Sent from my iPhone

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Also make sure you have a full tank of gas during the tests and the alignment as well..

Sent from my iPhone

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
interesting and not so interesting. I do not care to put the frame on the ground myself I have to agree that tuckin tires is for trucks and doesn't look right on mustangs but there are times where I wished I had a couple more inches, when I am driving my car that is... So maybe call me rice or some other names but I could see a use for it. If it could save me from scraping/tearing off my side exhaust skirts and going through the expense/trouble of repairing them I could see a use for it. As for putting more money into the suspension then the car is worth crap if I was lookin at the car as an investment I would have been in the red long long ago. If anyone has any links to the kits please post them as I am interested no matter what the haters say, they are always around so I pay no attention to them. I am about to celebrate having money again and its time to do my suspension.....

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Look up air ride technologies.. Better kits, been around forever and won't steer you wrong, they supply most of the street rod scene from what I have seen other than one off custom fabbed kits..

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
KidK9

KidK9

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch you guys for the information. I will poke around and do a little more research and such.

330, it's ok if I want to put bags on my car. You know why, because it's MY CAR. You don't have to like it and chances are, you'll never pass me on the road. If I wanted to do something that everyone else has done so that it's basically a "stock modification", I'd just throw some Bullitt wheels on it and call it a day. At least then I would look like everyone else and wouldn't have to maneuver around the flames.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online

No members online now.