Gt 500 rotors and s197 GT calipers install.

OP
OP
alex302

alex302

Reaction score
I've given up on the original shop im going to fine a local CNC shop to check on pricing and how long it would take to reproduce the brackets. IM also try to fine some take off GT500 brembo calipers to see if they will bolt up to my bracket.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Only reason I would want to put the S197 rear brake on my front is because the rotor is bigger and it's a dual piston instead of a single piston. It would be an upgrade over my fronts and not a down grade.
I would also only move the brakes I have I'm the front to the back because that would, again be upgrading my backs. So both the front and backs would be upgrade. But it sounds like the best thing to do is put the s197 brakes on my backs and upgrade my fronts with cobra brakes or something.

My GT stock brakes- 10.8" front 10.5" rear
2007 GT stock rear brakes- 11.8"
1994 Cobra brakes- 13" front 11.6" rear

So if I did cobra fronts and S197 backs I would actually be better off than doing cobra fronts a rears. $100 for adapter brackets and a free set of rear brakes, just have to find a cheap set of cobra fronts.

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

Youve also forgot those brakes brakes were designed for the rear not the front. Those. see roughly 30% of the braking of the car. Now your asking them to do the majority of the braking. Your just asking for all sorts of troubles. There is a reason people haven't done it yet.

OP
OP
alex302

alex302

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals turns out my tuner has access to a CNC and is willing to make the brackets, what he needs to know to set pricing is how many of you are interested in buying a set. I have only talked to him over the phone so its still in the works nothing set in stone yet plus I still have to take the brackets off my car so he can look at them.. you can replay her or PM me Thanks

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals turns out my tuner has access to a CNC and is willing to make the brackets, what he needs to know to set pricing is how many of you are interested in buying a set. I have only talked to him over the phone so its still in the works nothing set in stone yet plus I still have to take the brackets off my car so he can look at them.. you can replay her or PM me Thanks

Depending on price I may take a few. I defiantly want a set for my Cobra but might want more for future projects/friends.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Thought about that [MENTION=9659]95opal[/MENTION] but anything is better than my single-piston stock brakes.

OP
OP
alex302

alex302

Reaction score
two words .... Piston area

im trying to source a set of take off gt500 brembo calipers to see if its a direct bolt on to this bracket or if a new one needs to be made.

SVTstang96

Reaction score
im trying to source a set of take off gt500 brembo calipers to see if its a direct bolt on to this bracket or if a new one needs to be made.

theres a guy on here selling them with new rotors for $600 shipped I believe

johnny

Reaction score
I want one pair for sure and possibly 2 more sets down the road..

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I'd be down for a set for the rear brakes depending on price..

It's not gonna happen brother!!! Your stock brakes are suitable for your current power level. Hell, I have a stroked 351w and stock brakes for fine on the street with sane driving.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
It's not gonna happen brother!!! Your stock brakes are suitable for your current power level. Hell, I have a stroked 351w and stock brakes for fine on the street with sane driving.

Preparing for the turbo...
And my calipers need replacing anyways... And I have a free set of s197 rear brakes so why not? Lol

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Plus I'm 17... I'm going to be driving fast and doing stupid shit... The more braking the better. Lol

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Because the $ you're facing to make it work would buy you 13" Cobra brakes or new edge PBR calipers/power slot rotors and good pads.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Because the $ you're facing to make it work would buy you 13" Cobra brakes or new edge PBR calipers/power slot rotors and good pads.

From what I understand... All I need is the adapter plate and some adapters for the break lines due to the size difference... That will really cost the same as just getting cobra brakes?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
From what I understand... All I need is the adapter plate and some adapters for the break lines due to the size difference... That will really cost the same as just getting cobra brakes?

Custom CNC work isn't cheap, gotta have the measurements, design them with CAD/program into the computer then finally cut them from a solid block of material.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
$300 doesn't go far these days and you can upgrade your brakes for that if you're patient.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.