How much nitro can my motor take?

thatsnninety5

Reaction score
So I want to add a little bit of fun by doing a wet shot of nitro, My 98 Mustang has a 4.6l 2v from a 2005 lincoln town car, I have Professional Products 70mm throttle body, PI Heads and Intake, 22lb/hr fuel injectors, BBK Shorty Headers. How much of a wet shot could the motor handle without sending my pistons to heaven.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The worst about nitrous and our cars pi intake is puddling at the bottom of the intake. Ive seen many of exploded intakes due to this. I wouldnt recommend the use of nitrous with an intake that has a sump or lower portion below the the intake port. An edelbrock intake would be the cost effective solution with nitrous use. Their use to be a product made in conjunction with the injectors that directed the nitrous straight into the ports. This product was installed into the injector location and the injector was installed ontop into them.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
The worst about nitrous and our cars pi intake is puddling at the bottom of the intake. Ive seen many of exploded intakes due to this. I wouldnt recommend the use of nitrous with an intake that has a sump or lower portion below the the intake port. An edelbrock intake would be the cost effective solution with nitrous use. Their use to be a product made in conjunction with the injectors that directed the nitrous straight into the ports. This product was installed into the injector location and the injector was installed ontop into them.
I had that direct port kit on my 5.4 swapped and blown 03 GT. It was a bit of a PITA in the end but I did make 754 to the tires before I parted out the car and got out of hot rods for about 15 years. Professional Products used to (might still) make a mustang intake for the 4.6L that's made from aluminum and could support a more conventional direct port kit with a fogger threaded into the intake runner at each cylinder.

Going over about 125hp shot on the juice is just asking for it. I'd keep it at 100 or smaller.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
You know I had my suspicions that you were the r3dn3ck 5.4l swap guy! And manned that 3000post 5.4l swap thread over on that........ other forum that escapes my memory. Was that in fact you?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ran a 125shot on a npi car for year and a bit . Personally id find a used Vortech and go that route .

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It was made by NOS and they called it the NOSzle. I wonder what happened to it. Seemed like a good solution.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I remember the system cost was outrageous and not a cheap performance upgrade like nearly all other cars with nitrous could be.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I remember the system cost was outrageous and not a cheap performance upgrade like nearly all other cars with nitrous could be.
I remember it being around $1200 or so when everything else was about $400. But I remember it being in all the old MM&FF and 5.0 magazines and the Brother's Performance catalogs. I used to run a dry shot on my 95 GT and a wet shot on my 88 GT but only ever used a single nozzle back then. That NOSzle system always looked like a great kit to me. Seemed like a high price when you compare it to a single nozzle but a screaming deal compared to a direct port system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.