quick gear question

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
i_love_my_stang said:
already bought the rebuild kit, i was going with 4.10s is that not a good idea for a 5speed, i've heard different things one guy up here has them in his 5speed and loves them i dunno
I have a 5spd a 4.10;s and freaking love them. I blew my rear out and am back to 3.55's and the first thing I'm doing when I get the money is putting my 4.10's back in.
Cruising at around 80mph on the highway I'm turning like 2,800RPM's. Not terrible, but definately worth the added acceleration.

OP
OP
I

i_love_my_stang

Reaction score
1996mustangGT said:
i_love_my_stang said:
already bought the rebuild kit, i was going with 4.10s is that not a good idea for a 5speed, i've heard different things one guy up here has them in his 5speed and loves them i dunno
I have a 5spd a 4.10;s and freaking love them. I blew my rear out and am back to 3.55's and the first thing I'm doing when I get the money is putting my 4.10's back in.
Cruising at around 80mph on the highway I'm turning like 2,800RPM's. Not terrible, but definately worth the added acceleration.

thats not to bad either, i only drive mine in the summer now since i've moved from time to time, so i dont really care about fuel lol, plus i bought a mustang so was fuel economey ever something we cared about? wondering when i do 4.10s what color speedo gear do i need to get so my speedo is accurate?

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
White (I think 23 tooth?) will get you close...like 5mph close. I just run the speed limit on my guage and realize I'm speeding. At 90mph your actually doing like 100mph I think? Its like 5mph off around town. Not terrible.
The other option, Dallas Speedcal, is like $100.00 and a lot harder to install. Im lazy. I dont like hard. Unless it makes me lots faster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online