Subframe Connectors

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It will handel a TON better. You'll be happy.

joekd

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
i thought verts came with subframes?

Maybe the later years did but all my 96 has is the strut tower brace and engine cradle brace, nothing for subframes

El_Diablo

Reaction score
i would rather have a watts link.... they're not bad either at only about $635

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
It will handel a TON better. You'll be happy.

Yeah Ive seen you say the same type of thing in other threads, cant wait to see for myself. Its going to be part of the first round of mods going on this spring

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
im getting excited reading this thread about putting my SFC in... this summer :) along with some other junk...

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i raised my car, then put jack stand under it and lowered the front end and just watched my frame bend...... lol.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
love my mm subs. these cars should have come with them from the factory!!

GDawg

Reaction score
Hey guys! I might as well jump in here...

I bought my '98 GT vert exactly 10 years ago tomorrow (3-12-99). The very first real mod I did (besides taking off my silencer) was I bought the Kenny Brown Super Subframe kit. It had super subframe connectors, matrix braces and jacking rails... (The bend in the subframe is intentional)

Chris, my jacking rails make it so that when I jack on the side toward either end of the car, the entire car lifts without bending...!

subs01.jpg

(Some of you will remember Kenny Brown as being an exceptional company until there was some internal theft that ultimately shut the company down)

The first thing I noticed was that the doors and windows on my convertible quit going out of alignment under hard driving.

The second thing I noticed is that the "Understeer" that is common with our stock Mustangs becomes more of an "Oversteer". I prefer that. I can come blazing into an off ramp loop and take the corner very well at high speeds. Also it's great for drifting if you are into that sort of thing.

Every convertible should have subframe connectors. And putting them on coups isn't a bad idea either.

The picture below is what my subs look like mounted, although those are not my subs or my car in that picture...

kbsubsinstalled.jpg

2kblacksleeper

Reaction score
Does anyone still make the matrix brace and jacking rails? I have not seen them before. Thanks

John

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I can see why Kenny Brown subframe connectors need that "matrix brace". Check how to tiny the connectors are. Maximum Motorsports, Griggs or Global West connectors are almost twice the size, which is why they don't need any of that extra mambo jumbo. Don't waste money on crap you don't need. Order Maximum Motorsports XL and call it a day, or Griggs "through the floor" if you have money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online