Subframe Connectors

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
You dont have to modify your rear exhaust for a panhard bar. As long as your exhaust follows your stock pipe routing or close to it then there should not be any issues.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
My bassani followed stock exhaust routing. The sheer diameter itself would not allow for the tips to be used, so they had to be modified, and it's only 2.5 inch tail pipes. I seriously doubt there is a way to do a 3 inch back there with out dumps.

2kblacksleeper

Reaction score
I had planned on using the MM sfc anyway. I know that they are a great and tested unit. They are not coppied like some other vendors. Thank you for your input.

John

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
...should i get the "full length" sfc?? ....if i weld them on you shouldnt front the money for the powder coated right???

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I would not bother with powdercoated ones. You have sand off the places where they will be welded, might as well get the bare ones, and paint them once they are on the car. Do get the full length ones however. One thing mustang can never suffer from is more chassis stiffness.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
I can see why Kenny Brown subframe connectors need that "matrix brace". Check how to tiny the connectors are. Maximum Motorsports, Griggs or Global West connectors are almost twice the size, which is why they don't need any of that extra mambo jumbo. Don't waste money on crap you don't need. Order Maximum Motorsports XL and call it a day, or Griggs "through the floor" if you have money.

do you have any pics i can see to better understand where your'e talking about? I'm no handling expert but just from how it looks I'd say the Matrix brace kit would be a lot more rigic than the MM full length SFC, but thats just a hunch as I have no proof.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here's some pictures of mine.
I weld, and these are well made, pressed pieces with the correct gussetting.
I can jack the whole side of the car off the ground on one side.
They're nice and rigid, and are the same width as the sub frames.
I say thumbs up :thumbsup:

mmsubs.jpg

subfront2.jpg

subrear2.jpg

subwhole2.jpg

ReplicaR

Reaction score
G
OnyxCobra said:
do you have any pics i can see to better understand where your'e talking about? I'm no handling expert but just from how it looks I'd say the Matrix brace kit would be a lot more rigic than the MM full length SFC, but thats just a hunch as I have no proof.

Go back to the first page, and take a look at the subframe connectors by KB, and then take a look at the MM full length ones up in this page. Do you see how the MM pieces are almost twice as wide, and go from one end of the subframe all the way to the other one? Which one do you think will hold the subframes aligned better? A thinner shorter rail, or a longer thicker rail? As far as the matrix brace goes, it is also very short, and covers the same amount of distance over a week spot on rocker panels, which is not the place I'd be looking for to make the car more rigid.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah I get what you're saying. As for twice as wide, idk bout that but yeah the MM ones are a lot longer. The point of the brace is to make a complete frame under the car, i think with it all tied together like that it would provide more support than two straight bars.

97GT4.6

Reaction score
I have a set of SFC's sitting right next to me.. what do you think it will cost to install em?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
Yeah I get what you're saying. As for twice as wide, idk bout that but yeah the MM ones are a lot longer. The point of the brace is to make a complete frame under the car, i think with it all tied together like that it would provide more support than two straight bars.

It would be nice if the the rocker panels or the metal under them (unibody) would be connected to something stiff, but the truth is that it isn't. You benefit very little from stiffening up something that's not really tied into anything else on suspension or chassis. The matrix brace is probably there mostly to compensate for how weaksause the subframe connectors are. So you get probably the same stiffness with either product, and you pay a lot more for KB. I think the choice should be pretty obvious.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
When I installed my full length Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, I did not lose anything at all. The lowest part of the car was the exhaust, just as they say in the product description, so if you are dragging subframe connectors on the floor, you might have bigger problems.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol my subframes are weaksauce? :crybaby2: If i could switch to the MM ones I might but it seems like it would be a mess and a half...

ReplicaR

Reaction score
If you already welded the KBs on, and you're not planning on tracking the car, I would not bother switching over.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have never scrape my SFC even with my sportlines no isos.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
If you already welded the KBs on, and you're not planning on tracking the car, I would not bother switching over.

I'll most likely never hardcore track my car like you do but if i did would you honestly think it's worth it to switch them? When I started building my car i wanted it to be both street and strip friendly, but not really good at either one...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you could leave the pinch wild and cross tubes, cut them back even with the sub frame, weld in the MM subs and weld the "matrix" and leave the jacking rail.

Just a thought.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online