Subframe Connectors

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
that's good that he's getting back on his feet.
I havn't heard anything for some time.

GDawg

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
ReplicaR should email him telling him not to bother and follow up with this thread lolol

Oh no you didn't...!!!! LOL!!!!

97GT4.6

Reaction score
haha thats outta hand. who knows, maybe he'll make an awesome new kit that trumps em all.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
It is good that he's recovering, that that still does not mean that I will buy shit from that shop. One of the clear examples of what kind of stuff they make is a rear shock tower brace, which does absolutely nothing for improving geometry or improving handling. Once again, they are trying to stiffen up body where it does not matter. I'm not gonna do out of my way to stop anyone from buying their stuff, but there are better alternatives for less money. That's my opinion. Take it or leave it.

wytstang

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
It is good that he's recovering, that that still does not mean that I will buy **** from that shop. One of the clear examples of what kind of stuff they make is a rear shock tower brace, which does absolutely nothing for improving geometry or improving handling. Once again, they are trying to stiffen up body where it does not matter. I'm not gonna do out of my way to stop anyone from buying their stuff, but there are better alternatives for less money. That's my opinion. Take it or leave it.
If that is true (which it may very well be) one has to ask, why did Saleen use them in there early sn95 cars? I'm not saying they are useful in any way shape or form (I'll never need one so I'll never care). But more curious as to why they would even bother designing one and installing it on there cars. Steeda offers the same gismo.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Many parts from Saleen are not functional either, just like their S281 spoiler. Just for looks, which is cool in it's own way. The problem with the rear shock tower brace is this.

1. Shock tower, like the front strut tower, is supposed to stiffen up the chassis around where the suspension would mount, and keep the chassis rigid under load, so that geometry would not change under flex. Front strut tower brace keeps the towers from flexing inside, and that's a good thing because front geometry for McPherson strut includes shocks and control arms mainly.

2. The rear geometry is calculated through upper and lower control arms. Rear shocks don't carry any load at all, unless you have a coilover setup, which most people on this board don't have. Saleen and KB don't even manufacture Coil-Over setup. So you can sit and re-enforce the rear shock towers until you turn blue, and it will not change anything at all.

3. While Coach Works, and KB at least try to make an honest attempt at making something that might be functional, by making the braces that mount in multiple points, Steeda piece mounds to a soft upper shock mount bushing, and adds pretty much nothing at all to rigidity. Here is a question you gotta ask yourself. Why have reputable suspension builders like Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing (AIX fastest car), Global West, or Agent 47 (AI fastest car), who build race car products, have never built one?

wytstang

Reaction score
Here is a question you gotta ask yourself. Why have reputable suspension builders like Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing (AIX fastest car), Global West, or Agent 47 (AI fastest car), who build race car products, have never built one?
I would say the market is to small or like you mentioned the benefits are waaaaaay to small to notice/don't do anything. But I mean lets be honest here, there are racing parts not available for some cars. There are no after market heads for 4.6 motor. So why manufactures don't produce something was it's weak points/question marks.
I do see what you are saying and it makes perfect since why a rear strut brace is useless. Thanks for the insight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online