Suspention question

95riosnake

Reaction score
you could also get some weight jacker control arms with adjustable spring perches in the back. that will be an upgrade and help lower it.

I had these back when I had a straight axle, they worked great.

Coilovers would be the best way to get the drop you want, but to do them properly is going to set you back a few pennies.

95riosnake

Reaction score
Here's what they look like:

MMRLCA.jpg

As you can see, the spring perch adjusts up/down by turning the threaded base it's mounted on. They have a 1/2" ratchet drive in the bottom to turn it. There's a small set screw to lock the adjustment in.

To give you an idea, this is how the rear of my car sat with the weight jackers turned down with Pro-Kit springs...

scaled.php

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
that's so damn sexy. I just used my MM adjustable lower control arms for the first time, they are sweet for sure.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
take the iso's out, I wrapped the ends of my spring with a cut up bike inner tube to help keep noise down. other than that, cut them and don't look back. cutting them for a 1/2 inch shouldn't cause any ill effects. I dropped mine over 2 inches on cut springs, and have no complaints, other than the normal problems associated with lowering your car that low.
cool idea with the innertube! i cut mine also and it dropped about 2 1/2" and took out the front isos. its not too bad. just a little stiff but dont bother me really.

95riosnake

Reaction score
It was...

Now I have an 03 IRS out back with MM Bilsteins/coilovers and have the ride height set slightly higher, rides 100000000x better

I do miss how it looked though.

Slykin

Reaction score
I think I need to raise my coil-overs up a bit also... Mine's not near that low, but i'm running 400lbs springs in the front so it's already stiff starting out.

95riosnake

Reaction score
I'm running 10-350 hypercoils in the front and 8-550 hypercoils in the back. It's firm but I wouldn't say rough. I have Tokico D-Specs in the front also, they're adjustable so that lets me tune the ride a bit more too.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Here's what they look like:

MMRLCA.jpg

As you can see, the spring perch adjusts up/down by turning the threaded base it's mounted on. They have a 1/2" ratchet drive in the bottom to turn it. There's a small set screw to lock the adjustment in.

To give you an idea, this is how the rear of my car sat with the weight jackers turned down with Pro-Kit springs...

scaled.php
my god dan that stance is fn perfect! too bad it rode rough cause that is def the best stance i've seen! what size wheels are those?

tnmloudenuf

Reaction score
i had sportlines and cut an inch out of them.. poly iso's and cut bumpstops.. it rode like crap lol! but if you wanna get low you gotta pay a price.. and roll your fenders too! my tire's burned the paint on the passenger fender just a little. i had 18x10 xxr 521 with 30mm of spacer it was a -10 offset and i was running 225/45/18s

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online

No members online now.