The end of an all original '95 Cobra

Tac1

Reaction score
Well, I just picked this car up back in late fall. Only drove it twice before storing it for winter. It's an all original and I do mean all original down to the plugs and plug wires dating from 1995 themselves. Only thing that isn't factory are the tires and brake pads.

She's Rio Red over Black leather, showing 50,023 miles. Stuff like this only gets better in my possession. I can't leave anything well enough alone and if it came from the factory that way then it doesn't belong on the car

So far I've got a bunch of maintenance stuff, bbk shorty headers, SLP cat back exhaust (need to an off road h pipe from LAR Performance still), 3.73 gears with gear corrector, stifflers full length frame ties, koni orange shocks, Eibach lowering springs and I just scored a sweet deal on chrome saleen sc sve wheels 17x9 front and 17x10 rear with nearly new tires.

So as the title depicts, this is the end of its "all original" life and will be tastefully upgraded to bring her up modern age rides.

Attachments

• rEDVPDVb-4wgluAYkK3C.jpeg
    rEDVPDVb-4wgluAYkK3C.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 42
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    288.5 KB · Views: 43
  • rEDVPDVb-oWKlgiNZHB-(edit).jpg
    rEDVPDVb-oWKlgiNZHB-(edit).jpg
    186 KB · Views: 39
  • rEDVPDVb-4a7JqpqBcI.jpeg
    rEDVPDVb-4a7JqpqBcI.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20231027_221639_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231027_221639_Chrome.jpg
    596.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20231025_193831_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231025_193831_Facebook.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 42

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Excellent starting point and you’ve planned some meaningful initial upgrades.

Might I suggest two more?

1. Stainless braided brake hoses.

This will greatly improve pedal feel and braking performance. The rubber hoses have a tendency to “balloon” and this is an affordable upgrade. Perfect time to flush the brake fluid.

2. Short throw shifter.

Installing this will help with better locating 3rd during spirited drives and will add precision to your shifts. The most commonly used types are MGW, Pro 5.0 or Steeda.

In addition to this, I’d suggest you carefully disconnect and inspect the engine fan power connector. These have a tendency to lose contact, over heat and melt. This has been one of the more common issues with the 94-98 cars.

OP
OP
T

Tac1

Reaction score
Excellent starting point and you’ve planned some meaningful initial upgrades.

Might I suggest two more?

1. Stainless braided brake hoses.

This will greatly improve pedal feel and braking performance. The rubber hoses have a tendency to “balloon” and this is an affordable upgrade. Perfect time to flush the brake fluid.

2. Short throw shifter.

Installing this will help with better locating 3rd during spirited drives and will add precision to your shifts. The most commonly used types are MGW, Pro 5.0 or Steeda.

In addition to this, I’d suggest you carefully disconnect and inspect the engine fan power connector. These have a tendency to lose contact, over heat and melt. This has been one of the more common issues with the 94-98 cars.
I forgot to mention I already have a Steeda Tri-ax shifter waiting to go in as well. I'll inspect the fan connectors as well. I was thinking of upgrading the brake lines to stainless steel as well. Does anyone make a kit or would I have to make up my own?

OP
OP
T

Tac1

Reaction score
Wowzers. Car is super nice and clean. Someone really took good care of her for all these years!
Yeah the story has it a gentleman in his early 60s bought the car new in TN then he moved to FL when he retired. When the original owner passed away the next-door neighbor bought the car and had it for a handful of years. He then sold it to a guy in AZ who has a very cool car collection which is who I bought the car off. It's been documented very well and exceptionally well cared for.

garrittpwl

Reaction score
never been a HUGE fan of the 302 cobra cars but I will say that thing is CLEAN. Love the red too ;)

OP
OP
T

Tac1

Reaction score
never been a HUGE fan of the 302 cobra cars but I will say that thing is CLEAN. Love the red too ;)
Thanks! Yeah I wasn't a fan of red either but when this popped up for sale and being as clean as it is, I couldn't pass it up.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I forgot to mention I already have a Steeda Tri-ax shifter waiting to go in as well. I'll inspect the fan connectors as well. I was thinking of upgrading the brake lines to stainless steel as well. Does anyone make a kit or would I have to make up my own?

Full Tilt Boogie Racing for the brake hoses and came from I have personally used hard SS brake lines from SS Tubes on my ‘95 GT. They even custom made a set of fluid crossovers for a brake caliper project for me.

maillemaker

Reaction score
Wow. Kinda a shame. That is almost showroom restoration clean. Why not get a already modded up one if you are going to mod it up?

OP
OP
T

Tac1

Reaction score
Wow. Kinda a shame. That is almost showroom restoration clean. Why not get a already modded up one if you are going to mod it up?
Because finding out that's been done right is nearly impossible, and I don't want someone else's half assed semi started project. I'm keeping this car in its current condition, it'll start just at clean but get some tasteful mods. Nothing crazy to take away from the car and all parts will be saved to go back to factory.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Beautiful car and perfect canvas to make it your own .

Reaction score
you should send out those factory rims and get them done in custom 2 or 3 pieces

maillemaker

Reaction score
Because finding out that's been done right is nearly impossible, and I don't want someone else's half assed semi started project. I'm keeping this car in its current condition, it'll start just at clean but get some tasteful mods. Nothing crazy to take away from the car and all parts will be saved to go back to factory.
Yeah I get not wanting to pick up someone else's project which is why I bought a stock 95 myself.

Just a shame to see such a pristine example get modified. Finding stock ones is hard.

Mr horsepower

Reaction score
What an absolutely beautiful car, my same year color and interior. And IMO also the best looking of the SN95 Cobras with the unique rear taillights and very unique rear wing. Alas, like you, I can't leave a 250HP car the way it came from the factory. The problem is the farther you go up the HP ladder, the more you pretty much need to change everything else in the car.

DSC01033.jpg

DSC01038.JPG

DSC01024.JPG

Slice

Reaction score
Well since you're making changes you might as well do the ashtray to cup holder conversion, unless you're a smoker of course. I did the conversion, it takes a bit of nerve to start cutting your console apart LOL. I just did lotsa small cuts because of course if you cut too much you're screwed.

FastballRacing

Reaction score
Awesome!! Congrats on the car, cant wait to see what you do to it!

If you haven't already. Join Fords Mustang Registry & you'll get a 10% discount code to pickup your SVT certificate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online