Things some ppl dont do...help your car idle and run smooth!

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Steeda98GT said:
Like when I pull up to a stop sign or traffic light the RPM's drop and then it starts to 'stumble' and the rpms are around 400-500 and im like WTF. So does that sound like it could be the IAC?

Could be! Also clean your MAF & T/B. New plugs & wires if need be.

Steeda98GT

Reaction score
I did the plugs just before I left for my deployment along with my MAF. How often should the coil packs and wires be changed out?

voidfinger

Reaction score
Steeda98GT said:
I did the plugs just before I left for my deployment along with my MAF. How often should the coil packs and wires be changed out?

My car has 170k on it and it still has stock coils. Knock on wood. I'm on my second set of stock plug wires... just had some trouble with the new ones. I got them 10k ago and the #7 wire broke down...

Steeda98GT

Reaction score
Yeah I installed the Screamin Demon Coil Packs and Live Wires like 2 years ago. Im gonna mess around with the IAC this weekend and hope that it's either just dirty or replace it and hope that fixes it.

voidfinger

Reaction score
Steeda98GT said:
Yeah I installed the Screamin Demon Coil Packs and Live Wires like 2 years ago. Im gonna mess around with the IAC this weekend and hope that it's either just dirty or replace it and hope that fixes it.

Yea i like the screamin demon and the wires. How did they do on your car?

Steeda98GT

Reaction score
They run great and at a great price too. I plan on buying some new ones soon anyhow cuz the car deserves it.

voidfinger

Reaction score
how many miles on them? for like 150 i want some wires that is gonna last and last and last

Steeda98GT

Reaction score
I can't remember how many I have put on them but alot. How often should they be changed mileage wise?

voidfinger

Reaction score
my stock ones lasted till around 100k. some i bought from advance only lasted for like 20k miles and i'm on my next set from ford... stock wires.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
If you got the xact ones from advance, they tend to be shit, the autolite wires are decent, but I opted for the msd ones from keystone. At the time I got a discount so it only ran me like $90 total for the wires for my cobra.

cntchds

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
When I cleaned my IAC it got ruined. When I bought another one my car works fine. But when I shift it kinda revs in between shifts and it pisses me off. How can I fix that?
+1 I tried cleaning my IAC and after that it didn't work at all. In the process of getting another one, so I'll tell you if I encounter similar problems.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if its been mentioned but dont forget about the fuel filter.

94gt306

Reaction score
You can also use electrical grease it helps keep dust and grime building up on the connections

smokeybear

Reaction score
the real reason for no grease fittings is cost. It costs more to put in a fitting than no fitting.If a grease fitting costs 10 cents and they put fitting in just 10000 parts thats a grand in fittings.but you can grease joints and such with no fitting. you use the adaptor for filling a football with air and you have to get the grease hot enough to almost be a liquid.pain in the but but it works.

Eddie302SVT

Reaction score
ok sorry for bringing up this old thread but i have a t20 to take off the 2 bolts of the MAF but it dont fit. it does have this little point in the middle of the bolt that maybe stopping it from going farther down and catching the t20 pattern but i could be wrong. its simple i know sorry. is there a special t20 i have to use???

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea you need a T20 with with the hole in the centre

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.