What size fittings are needed for installing a line lock?

QIKGTS

Reaction score
This is on a 1995 GTS with no ABS.

I have seen plenty of people install them between the MC and prop valve, but I think the NHRA rulebook says it must be after the prop valve... Anyway, any help on what the fitting sizes are would be appreciated...

ryclef331

Reaction score
The stock fittings are an odd ball size. I'm about to go to bed but when you read this, PM me AND reply on here. Tommorow, I'll try to find the EXACT size you'd need to install it. I have one on my car and its kind of janky but it works. I'll try to post up (when I find it) the correct sizes and fittings.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Drew2o2 said:
Hurst sells a install kit specifically for mustangs.

LInk to it please? I have yet to find a kit with the correct fittings in it for our cars

Drew2o2

Reaction score
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_745827_-1_10159 It looks different than what its looks like at the store. I live in columbus and go to jegs like every week. They have a kit that looks like the 530-567-1510 part kit and it says for mustangs. Next time i go in ill check to see if it says the sizes on it. Once i fix my tranny and get my ticket paid ill be installing roll control anyways so ill end up buying the kit eventually.

OP
OP
Q

QIKGTS

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
The stock fittings are an odd ball size. I'm about to go to bed but when you read this, PM me AND reply on here. Tommorow, I'll try to find the EXACT size you'd need to install it. I have one on my car and its kind of janky but it works. I'll try to post up (when I find it) the correct sizes and fittings.

My bad for not getting back sooner, I thought I would get an e-mail... Any way, I'll look through that thread and if I have any questions, I'll PM ya... Thanks...

OP
OP
Q

QIKGTS

Reaction score
Uhmmm, PM on the way ryclef331. That thread has great ABS related info in it. In this case I wish my car was ABS, I would know what I need...

Your box is full dude...

ryclef331

Reaction score
Cleared out. even if you don't have ABS, the size of the lines out of the master cylinder are still the same size.

OP
OP
Q

QIKGTS

Reaction score
Did the 10mm size ring a bell to you? They were talking about the lines down by the ABS module, not out of the MC.

The fitting size I'm wondering about would be the lines that come out of the prop valve. As far as I can tell, the line lock (according to the NHRA rulebook at least) should be installed after the prop valve.

ryclef331

Reaction score
I got ya. You they're either 10 or 12 mm fittings on a 3/16" line. You can either get the fittings. That jegs link below might have what you need or buy new line with the correct line lock fitting one end and install the appropriate metric fitting on the other and flare it yourself. I believe the car ONLY uses 10 and 12 mm fittings....so the size of the line should be obvious. Remember though...the BACK line on the master cylinder is for the FRONT brakes.

OP
OP
Q

QIKGTS

Reaction score
It's 12mm coming out of the prop valve... I got 2 adapters to come out of the prop valve, one to feed the line lock and the other so I can put a plug in it.

The brake lines will need to get cut and flaired. I couldn't find any adapters for those that would go 12mm bubble to 3/16 standard...

ryclef331

Reaction score
QIKGTS said:
It's 12mm coming out of the prop valve... I got 2 adapters to come out of the prop valve, one to feed the line lock and the other so I can put a plug in it.

The brake lines will need to get cut and flaired. I couldn't find any adapters for those that would go 12mm bubble to 3/16 standard...

Exactly. Thats the biggest bitch of all is flaring lines. I'm going to (eventually) eliminate my abs and powerbrakes (full manual with aero space fronts) and redo do ALL my brake lines. I don't know what line I used exactly to mate my line lock to my master cylinder but it isn't the "right" fitting but with some teflon tape and a few "good" cranks, I made it work. I was in a hard spot and had to do something at the time. I won't reccomend it to anyone which I why I don't tell what I did. I'll just say it some compression fittings and creativiy... I'll make it right eventually.

OP
OP
Q

QIKGTS

Reaction score
I gotcha now... Only one local store had the right fittings, that 12mm bubble is an odd one. I found 10mm bubble and inverted flair all over the place.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
QIKGTS said:

so the fittings needed that can not be found would be to convert a 3/16 line standard (female) to a 12mm bubble (male) and if i can locate them2 are needed?? my parts store has a MONSTER selection of fittings i am going to go do some browsing let me know if its what i said or the oppisite thanks

OP
OP
Q

QIKGTS

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
QIKGTS said:

so the fittings needed that can not be found would be to convert a 3/16 line standard (female) to a 12mm bubble (male) and if i can locate them2 are needed?? my parts store has a MONSTER selection of fittings i am going to go do some browsing let me know if its what i said or the oppisite thanks

I think what you wrote is correct... What goes into the prop valve are 12 mm male fittings that are on the ends of the brake lines.

All in all, it wasn't that bad to cut and flare. If I were to do it again, I wouldn't have obsessed so much about it and just cut and flared what I needed to so it would work. I was trying to have the stock fittings available to me if I wanted to put it back to stock, which was a silly thought to begin with...

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
5 minutes of searching and wala!!!!!!

edelmann brass part number 265000

its a m12-1.0 (male)
to
3/16" standard (female)

is it what i need 2 of?? and no cutting of lines???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online