03 lightning swap...

SAL

Reaction score
I've got a Lightning and a 96 GT and I can't imagine what that much torque would fell like in that small of a car.
I would love to find out though.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
I've got a high compression NA 5.4 and it's a fun little bastard to feather the clutch on. I put on a fidanza flywheel and a grabby-as-hell DF kevlar clutch. Now the thing is kinda touchy. Used to be forgiving as hell... nope not no more. If you don't do it just right it'll buck or stall or you'll smoke the hides like they weren't even there. I started off in 2nd gear from a light the other day turning left, missed that perfect feather and ended up making a nice smoky burnout through the intersection. Noh bwaynoh.

I'm considering going back to the iron flywheel but the thing revs so fast I don't know if I really want to.

SAL

Reaction score
What gear you running in your rear r3dn3ck ?
I'd leave that fly wheel and put some 355s or 373s in her.
:asse:

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
I have 3.55's and they're just on the edge of having traction or not. The lack of rotating mass is what's killing me... that and the extremely aggressive clutch.

Mbachota97

Reaction score
Thats a hell of a deal and if you dont want it ill pay 500 to him and 500 to you for the deal. Let me know pm me if you want.

snoball

Reaction score
A local guy did it in his 97 gt.. sold it two months after he got it done. He didnt like how high it sat. or a hoosier hole in the hood look. Car put out decent power but never went any fast than a 12.5. No traction and heavy on the front caused that. Not to mention he said it handled like a boat after it was done.

voidfinger

Reaction score
i'm going to be doing the swap sooner or later... if you don't want it send them my way. Would love to get a deal on a motor that way. o and got some pi stuff for the deal finder if interested if i "get" the motor lol.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
i'm going to be doing the swap sooner or later... if you don't want it send them my way. Would love to get a deal on a motor that way. o and got some pi stuff for the deal finder if interested if i "get" the motor lol.

are you using your 98's wiring harness and comp.?

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
some1 find me a deal like this, im gunna hopefully do it with my tax return...

voidfinger

Reaction score
slo94gt said:
voidfinger said:

I probably will. I think you might be able to use the lightning harness and computer too... not to sure. I'm still looking at the technical aspects of it... but since i'm about to park my car and use another car to put miles on i'm like not caring to much. But i'm going to be using the auto so i think i might can use the lightning computer. "shrugg"

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
slo94gt said:
voidfinger said:

I probably will. I think you might be able to use the lightning harness and computer too... not to sure. I'm still looking at the technical aspects of it... but since i'm about to park my car and use another car to put miles on i'm like not caring to much. But i'm going to be using the auto so i think i might can use the lightning computer. "shrugg"

i should of been more specific my mistake,in your sig says you have the 32 MARK motor, are you using the same harness and comp?

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
the lightning motor has so much weight sitting at the very top that it kinda messes up turn-in handling unless you go to a pretty aggressive anti sway in front plus heavier springs. It's no big deal but expecting to change one thing and not have it change the others is silly. Anyone that sells a L swapped car didn't think it through, cuz they're an insane ride.

there are no harness changes needed or different ECU's unless you change your head style (like from 4v to 2v) and even then most of the changes are in software so a diff harness and ECU isn't usually needed, though the underhood harness is really helpful.

voidfinger

Reaction score
slo94gt said:
i should of been more specific my mistake,in your sig says you have the 32 MARK motor, are you using the same harness and comp?

O ok, no... i'm thinking of the lightning swap b/c the guy "lost" the motor. He owes me and my brother like close to 800 bucks and we were going to get the motor since he couldn't pay up and now he "lost" the motor. :mad:

voidfinger

Reaction score
o and are you getting the motor or what??? i'm interested here lol.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:

i havent decide if i want to build my 302 or just swap to a mach 1 or aviator (have the same head as cobras) and the way to do it is getting the computer and wiring harness off a 98 gt, ive heard is this easy, but im :santa_undecided:

so if you are not going to use the comp. and wiring you may have a buyer for it

voidfinger

Reaction score
slo94gt said:
voidfinger said:

i havent decide if i want to build my 302 or just swap to a mach 1 or aviator (have the same head as cobras) and the way to do it is getting the computer and wiring harness off a 98 gt, ive heard is this easy, but im :santa_undecided:

So you want my cobra computer and wiring harness? I got the computer and computer harness, the engine harness and power harness. :) let me know if you want it... its just sitting in my room

But i was talking about the O.P. and his lightning motor. I want it :)

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
slo94gt said:
voidfinger said:

So you want my cobra computer and wiring harness? I got the computer and computer harness, the engine harness and power harness. :) let me know if you want it... its just sitting in my room

But i was talking about the O.P. and his lightning motor. I want it :)

i got to make sure the comp and wiring will work as far as i know the one from a gt will,but i need to make sure the cobra does too

how much?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online