'03 Town car heads/cams

NotQuik

Reaction score
Any thoughts to this swap on a bone stock 96? I'm fairly certain the heads are identical but how about the cams?

OP
OP
N

NotQuik

Reaction score
Thanks for the help you two. However, what does the name "modular" have to do with being a PI engine? The NPI is still modular...maybe i'm just on a different page?

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
I should`ve been more clear about that :) as long as the engine is in the `modular` engine family the parts will work. Like heads and cams from a 5.4 (pi or npi) will work on a 4.6 in a mustang, f150, and crown vic. Thats why its called modular

OP
OP
N

NotQuik

Reaction score
That makes more sense...any idea if I can run NPI spark plugs or should I go with PI? I know as far as headgaskets the npis are recommened, correct? I have may have a few more questions on this swap along the way. I know there is a seach feature and i've read alot of good info but there is so much it that it can be kinda over whelming especially if you are looking for a specific answer.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
you go with the gaskets that go with the heads, the blocks are the same but Id like to see the 2 gaskets next to each other but I doubt there is a big difference (maybe thickness)

OP
OP
N

NotQuik

Reaction score
I thought around the coolant jackets was alittle different but I guess i'm thinking of NPI heads to PI intake. Anyway, I think I've decided that i'm just going to do the intake for now then i''ll go back in a few months and do the heads/cams....i just wanna get this car going so I can have a rain car. Plus i'd like to take it to the track with the NPI stuff then again after the PI swap for a alittle comparison.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online