04 cobra Questions.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
im going to replace the TPS and IAC when I send off the TB to accufab for rebuild.. . ..

just have to get the DD up and running. lol.

Its easy enough to test the TPS with a voltmeter to find out if it had a dead spot in it that would need replacing rather then just throwin parts at it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Your tuner might have adjusted it but I doubt he tested it unless he suspected it was bad. If that was the case I would assume he would have tested it and told you if he did and it was good/bad. I also thought it was supposed to be set to .97 or something a little more accurate. I can't remember offhand but I thought I read it somewhere I am sure one of the motor dudes will chime in and help out.

for testing the TPS it is covered in the chilton or haynes manual and its been a while since I did it. All you needed to do was to turn the key on(engine off) and if I remember correctly to stab the two wires(out of 3) on the outside of the wire hrns. set your volt meter to DC voltage, Now simply move the butterfly on the TB by hand slowly and you will see the voltage on the meter go up/down as you move it. If it is good you will have some kind of constant voltage reading, or show something on the screen all the time. If the meter shows an open circuit(nomally the screen will go blank or show 1.-----) that means your TPS had a dead spot in it. When it would get to that range the motor would not know where the throttle is set at and what is happening. I was having similar problems last year when i tested mine and replaced it. Sometime the motor would just flat die either while coasting to a stop and in cold weather especially. But the test takes 3 mins and at least at that point you will know if you had a real problem or if you just have a new part to replace the already working part that is in there. If you just start shotgunning parts out of it and thowing new stuff in it can get expensive really fast and still not know anymore about what is wrong.

I am not aware of any test for the IAC so when my TPS was bad I went ahead and replaced that at the same time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell